Chapter 11 - Training Part 3

Still Childe's POV

"Who are they?" Y/N asked, eyes fixated on the Traveler and Paimon. "Why do I have this feeling that I know them?"

I internally sighed, trying to come up with a believable answer, but was saved from it by the floating fairy.

"Paimon doesn't recognize you at all. We rarely meet any Fatui these days," Paimon spoke up, hands on her hips and head tilted to the side as she scrutinized Y/N, trying to figure out if she knew them.

"What's Fatui, brother? I've never heard that word before," Teucer pipes up, blue eyes shining with curiosity. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Teucer, Traveler, please give me a moment. Y/N, come with me and I can answer your question," I said and walked a reasonable distance away from the others, Y/N following behind me. I knew I was probably causing the Traveler to be wary of my suspicious behavior, but there was no other way. They couldn't eavesdrop on our conversation or trigger Y/N's memory again. If that happened...

I would be the one to be blamed for whatever pain Y/N went through afterward....

"Now, what was your question?" I inquired, smiling as genuinely as I could. Y/N took one last look at Lumine and Teucer and took a deep breath as if mustering all of their courage.

"I was just wondering... could you teach me to fight as well as you do? I want to be strong like you, to carry out the Tsaritsa's wishes as a strong and loyal servant," they blurted out in a rush. I internally sighed in relief and smiled a real smile at Y/N.

"Of course! As an agent under my watch, you get to train with me, a very fortunate and one-of-a-kind opportunity. Not everyone gets to train with a Harbinger!" I responded with a laugh and winked at Y/N. They smiled back, clearly feeling more confident and relaxed now that they had asked that. But there was still clearly something bothering them.

Although I had a pretty good idea about what they were thinking about, I questioned, "What is it, Y/N? Something on your mind?"

"Hmm? Oh, I was just thinking about how familiar that girl and her floating thing are. I feel like I've seen them before. Do you know if I have?" Y/N stared back at where Teucer and the Traveler were standing waiting for me, as if willing for a memory that should never be restored to surface.

I also turned to look at the group a little ways off as I contemplated how much I should tell Y/N. I had been specifically ordered by the Tsaritsa to not say anything that would trigger Y/N's memory again, but I felt sorry for them. Their memory had been completely altered and erased so that they remembered virtually nothing except for their name and the false information that had been implanted into their brain by Dottore. I could never imagine what that would feel like, getting your memory erased and being lied to for the rest of your life...

"Actually, Y/N, you don't know them. That's Lumine, a traveler from another world. Be glad that you haven't actually met them. I have before for my harbinger duties and she was unnecessarily... difficult. She is one of the biggest enemies of the Tsaritsa and her vision for Tevyat," I explained, staring out into space, thinking back to the day I fought Lumine to create a distraction to a, get the gnosis from the Exuvia, and b, separate the Traveler from Y/N. Was it really worth it?

Why was I really doing this?

To serve my archon and bring glory to Snezhnaya and my family, I automatically answered myself in my head.

But was it worth it?

"Hello? Master Childe...?" Y/N waved a hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality. I smiled softly at them and dismissed their slightly concerned look.

"Sorry, I zoned out there. Now if you'll excuse me, Y/N, I need to go speak with my brother. You can head back to the castle," I instructed, and with a wave, I walked away from Y/N.

I heard a soft whoosh sound as Y/N teleported back to Headquarters and I let out a breath I had been holding for some time now.

That was a very close call, too close....

A/N: AHHHHHH YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I finally finished the entire thing! Lol! I am so happy, that took me so long!

Also! From now on, I will be updating only on Wednesdays (so once a week instead of twice). I am getting busier and have more tests, plus I'm preparing for my future (high school, college, etc) so I have less time to write now! I am really sorry. Hopefully at some point I'll have a little more free time and I'll be able to update more than once a week! For now, have a great rest of your day and stay safe! <3