Special Chapter - An Archon's Reasons

A/N: Hi guys! I'd like to say, before I start this chapter, that...

One, THANKS FOR 944 READS WOW HOW?????!!!!!!

Two, sadly November is a very very busy month for me. I don't really have that much homework thanks to Thanksgiving (thank goodness it's coming soon lmaooooo I need a break from school so bad). I do have several other stuff though, like singing, music concert prep, a Thanksgiving food drive, and three bake sales all this week T_T

So I can't really focus on writing this month. I'll probably still work on it but I will not update for about a week. I'm so sorry guys. School is the worst T_T

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the short chapter! It will just be a memory told in third person, so there's no real POV in this part.

...

Once upon a time, the archons and mortals lived together in harmony. Then, a couple hundred thousand years ago, disaster struck. The First Archon War began and friends became foes, families turned on each other, left and right, neighbors fought. Nobody knew who to trust. Archon after archon was slain. All too soon, only seven archons remained.

The Seven decided on a compromise: they would split their land into seven separate kingdoms, each ruled by one archon. So long as one kingdom did not harm the others, the new Seven Nations would remain at peace with one another and could do as they pleased. Rex Lapis, the oldest of the Seven, made a contract for them to sign, a peace treaty to ensure that such a devastating catastrophe would never happen again.

One Archon, however, refused to sign the contract. She feared that tyranny would arise from this contract, that giving an archon the sole power to rule over a nation would only lead to more battles and bloodshed. 'Would it not be better to rule over the mortals as a whole, to make divine judgements as the governing Seven?' she asked, pleading the archons to see her reasoning. The other six, however, would not budge. They believed that ruling over Tevyat as a whole would cause many mortal conflicts if some of them disagreed with the others over the rules of the land. In the end, the Seven Archons split Tevyat in seven and went their separate ways. They oversaw the mortals from up above, watching and listening for the pleas of their people.

Peace ensued for many years, until one fateful day, a rebel group of mortals from all of the seven kingdoms declared freedom from the divine and made their own country. It was known as Khaenri'ah. Khaenri'ah grew with every passing day but was constantly threatened by tyranny and mortal greed. 

Celestia, who had been watching the mortals constantly since their rebellion, deemed them unfit for continuing their mortal lives. So, they sent the only goddess capable of inflicting a suitable punishment: the goddess of war. Although she had died years ago in the archon war, her spirit remained. And so her spirit flew down to Khaenri'ah and filled the souls of the people with hatred for one another. Thus, there broke out civil war in the land, one that lasted many years.

At that time, the Seven Archons ruled their separate kingdoms, each quite isolated from the others. But upon hearing of the war in Khaenri'ah, the Seven decided that they should help the mortals. They unanimously agreed that Celestia's decision of invoking havoc and war on the Khaenri'ans was neither right nor just.

So, the Seven Archons placed their kingdoms under heavy protection and left to aid the people of Khaenri'ah. Little did they know that a very formidable enemy lay in wait, patiently waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Months of constant fighting took place in the man-made land, and yet the battle seemed to have no end. But at long last, the mortal ruler of Khaenri'ah stepped forward and challenged the archons to one last battle. The fighting was intense. Losing patience, the human summoned a great ancient power to awaken a goddess that had been lost during the Archon War. At least, that was what the archons had believed. The magic was so ancient that even the eldest failed to recognize it and prevent the ensuing chaos.

The Goddess of War was awakened from the dead through the ancient power, but instead of helping the mortals, the goddess used her dark powers to further punish the people of Khaenri'ah, placing an ancient curse on them that turned them into monsters of the Abyss.

Using the monsters to build up an army, the Goddess of War prepared for battle against Tevyat. Fearing for their nations, each archon returned to their kingdom to protect their people, just as they had sworn long ago.

Combining their powers, the Divine Seven defended Tevyat, and after years of intense fighting, Tevyat emerged victorious. The Goddess of War, realizing that her army's number was thinning and wasn't strong enough to take on the Seven Archons and their people, retreated into the shadows once more.

The Archon of the Kingdom of Snow, hoping that the battles of Khaenri'ah would have convinced the other archons to join together, tried one last time to unite the Seven Kingdoms.

'Please, hear me out once more. We must align our forces in case of another attack from the Army of War!" she pleaded.

The other archons did not change stances but came up with a compromise. 'We need not! If they attack us again, if we unite and all fail, who will be left to protect our country? We must defend our kingdoms against attack. If we fall, we fall with dignity, and there will still be the other kingdoms who can and will continue to fight for Tevyat. However, we will, as the Divine Seven, do what we must to defend the country we swore to protect after the Archon War, even if that means we must unite."

The Cyro Archon reluctantly agreed and another contract was made and signed by the Seven. From that day on, the land of Tevyat has lived in relative peace.

But the fact remains that Khaenri'ah, once a great land made by man, remains in ruins and complete despair. The people await for the time to come that they will awaken from their monstrous nightmares and their home restored.

Until then, they continue to terrorize the Seven Nations, too blinded with sorrow and hatred towards the ancient goddess they helped bring back to life to realize all the blood on their hands.