Chapter 22 - Rebirth of a Goddess

A memory from the war between Khaenri'ah and the Seven Nations, General POV

When the Goddess of War had come alive once more, the seven archons were in absolute shock. How could it be that she was still alive? Hadn't she been killed in the archon war? Or did her immortality granted from being a goddess shield her from ever truly dying?

It was a question that stumped even the oldest of the archons, Morax. Did immortality mean endless life or just power over that of an average human? Or did it mean both?

The Goddess of War's rebirth was especially impactful for the Cyro Archon. Long ago, before the archon war, the goddess and the archon had been the closest of friends. But during the war, they had drifted apart as they fought on opposite sides of the war. It was very hurtful for her, and the archon had been certain that she would never see her former friend again.

The archons did not have time to dwell on this curious happening. After all, it was a war. There wasn't any time to stand about and idly ponder useless questions that had no definite answer.

The war against the Goddess of War and Khaenri'ah continued to rage on. Many Khaenri'an casualties ensued, while the archons began to grow exhausted. The war had been going on for many years now, not long after the archon war. Most of the archons were just about ready to accept defeat.

But the Cyro and Geo archons refused to give up. After all, if they gave up, Khaenri'ah could pose an even greater threat to the Seven Nations. In the long run, it would be safer to defeat  Khaenri'ah for good.

Days later, the war finally ended when Khaenri'ah finally relented and admitted defeat. The Goddess of War, furious at her loss, spat hateful words at the archons, swearing that she would get revenge on them eventually.

Nobody paid much mind to this except the Tsaritsa, who felt very uneasy about these threats. Knowing her friend, she would find a way to get revenge.

If only the other archons could see that as well.

Present, the Goddess of War's POV

I've been waiting for way too long for my revenge. But I know I mustn't be too impatient. The right time to strike will come.

My biggest, grandest opportunity came to me when Y/N joined the Fatui. They were a strong soul and kept resisting my attempts to get her to notice me. As a child of Khaenri'ah, I could communicate with them telepathically. Telepathic abilities to communicate with Khaenri'ans was one of the terms I demanded when the foolish Khaenri'an king freed me and asked for my help. 

It was quite frustrating getting Y/N to succumb enough to fear to realize my presence. They had a strong will but had lots of doubts about their plan to challenge the Tsaritsa. Very bold of them, I must say, but perhaps not the smartest.

However, I could make it work out for me.

All I had to do now was make a convincing enough case that Y/N would want to work with me to take down the Tsaritsa. It's clear enough that they despise the Tsaritsa, just like I do, so it won't be too hard getting them to agree to my plan.

And when it's all laid out, I can take over all of Tevyat and get my revenge. Even if Y/N figures out what I'm doing by then, it'll be too late. A benefit of all this waiting time is that I've been able to come up with a brilliant plan that has no flaws whatsoever.

Tsaritsa, Tevyat, get ready. Soon, you'll be nothing but history.