The Most Prized Lab Rat: Scaramouche Origins

Please note that this is not his actual lore/it is not confirmed. HOWEVER, I THINK IT IS HIGHLY PLAUSIBLE AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE SOURCE OF WHERE I FIRST HEARD THE THEORY, HERE IT IS:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Lore/comments/10ij1x9/dottores_plan_in_sumeru_was_never_commanded_by/

I don't think this is the first person who suggested something like this, but this is what I found when trying to figure out more of Scara's origins.

Okay bye!

Shortly after Scaramouche's recruitment, in the Doctor's room, Il Dottore's POV
...
"Sit down," I ordered the little navy-haired boy. His clothes were very much Inazuman style, as a puppet of the nation's archon.

And as expected of a puppet, he almost automatically obeyed. How convenient. This is bound to be a quick and easy experiment.

"I brought you here for one purpose: to see if you'll obey every word I, any of the harbingers, or Her Majesty gives. This will be essential to your acceptance for the sixth seat in the Harbingers. Understood?" I explained, getting straight to the point. I didn't have the patience or time to explain the whole thing. The Tsaritsa was expecting the new recruit very soon.

The boy's eyes flared with anger but I simply ignored him, mildly amused. For someone who joined our organization to escape from control only to submit to it without complaint immediately after is quite ironic. Perhaps it's a testament to the Raiden Shogun's excellent handiwork, making him into a servant boy of sorts. Or at least, I'm sure that's what the kid believed.

All while thinking this, I had made my way over to my cabinet filled with all sorts of vials and test tubes containing all sorts of mixtures and potions I'd made as "The Doctor." I hummed a random tune to myself while searching for the residue.

"Aha! Here it is. Now, whatever you do, do not make a single sound. Even if you're in excruciating pain you cannot scream or shout. Do I make myself clear?" I instructed, turning my face imperiously at the boy. He simply glared and nodded.

"Answer me with your words. Kunikuzushi."

His eyes widened and I merely smiled, waiting for his response.

"Yes. I'm clear."

"Good. I'll start. Open up." The short male opened his mouth semi-reluctantly and I spilled about half of the vial's contents in. "What a good little test rat. I might well keep you for longer just because it's so fun!" I laughed to myself and then stepped back to observe.

Kunikuzushi did not have time to retort to this last remark because just then, the effects of the residue started to kick in. His hands flew to his throat, gasping for air and choking, trying to find his breath. After a minute or so of unsuccessfully finding air and looking more and more like a fish out of water, much to my amusement, his eyes started bulging and were turning red from the strain of trying to live. I kicked him in the stomach, knowing that it would bring enough air to him so that if he wanted to, which was not wise, he could scream and yell enough for me or someone standing outside the room to hear.

His eyes widened with surprise and his mouth opened as if to let out a scream, but then he stopped himself. Instead, he let out a shaky breath. Then, quite interestingly, he began to quake all over and fell to the floor by my feet, gasping for air once more.

"Quiet. Take the pain and stop writhing. It makes me sick to watch you. Stop at once!"

With an obvious effort, Kunikuzushi got up to a kneeling position and tried to control his shaking and breath with surprisingly good control.

I watched him for a while longer until the shaking had completely subsided and he was almost eerily calm now. He stared back at me with loathing eyes but I was not the least bit bothered.