Chapter 5: The Fair Lady

General POV

Several months had come by since Y/N and the Traveler had first yet, but they were already inseparable. Although Lumine had insisted that she would be fine doing her duties as Honorary Knight of the Knights of Favonius, Y/N continued to tag along on all her adventures and help her out, including the strenuous fight to save Dvalin from the corruption the Abyss Order caused to the poor dragon. 

Now, after a nice, relaxing meal of Sticky Honey Roast with Amber at Good Hunter's, Y/N, Lumine, and the Traveler's flying companion, Paimon, had been called to meet the Acting Grand Master one last time at the Cathedral. Since the Holy Lyre had been damaged from the whole Stormterror affair, Venti had to use his "magic" to restore the Lyre back to normal to prevent the Deaconess of the Church of Favonius from breaking down into tears.

"That tone-deaf bard! How could he! We could get in so much trouble for this!" Paimon screeched, fuming from the audacity of Mondstat's so-called archon.

"Well, I guess it's what we get for letting ourselves be pulled into this mess," Y/N remarked with a grimace.

"Whatever, Paimon's going after him!" Paimon exclaimed and flew out the door. With a sigh, Lumine followed her traveling companion, Y/N not far behind. 

Before the trio can even adjust their eyes to the bright sunlight of the beautiful day, a shower of ice shards shoots towards Paimon and encases her in an ice cube and causes Venti's feet to freeze his feet to the ground, while a Fatui agent grabs ahold of Lumine, restraining her. A second agent tries to grab Y/N, but they manage to evade the Fatui member and with a silent "sorry" sent Lumine's and Paimon's way, Y/N slammed their polearm into the ground with a powerful surge of electro energy, knocking everyone close to the weapon backward.

An object of some sort also fell to the ground near Y/N's feet, and they quickly picked it up. On it was inscribed the anemo mark, and recognition shined in their eyes: this must be the Anemo Archon's Gnosis! They had heard about the object archons possessed that helped them channel their powers and god forms, but Y/N had never seen one before.

The more important question was, what would the Fatui want with it?

Too caught up with their own musings, Y/N did not notice a certain blonde Fatui Harbinger getting to her feet once again and readying an attack on the person who had so foolishly tried to interfere with the Tsarista's plans.

Y/N pulled out of her thoughts just in time to see three glinting icicles zooming towards them, aimed straight for the chest, but it was already too late.

Moments later, an unbearable cold filled Y/N's body as they slumped to the ground.

"That's what you get for crossing the Fair Lady," a distant voice hissed, and then Y/N lost all consciousness.

Lumine's POV

...

I watched helplessly from my position with the two Fatui agents once again restraining me as the Fair Lady sauntered over to Y/N's unconscious form and took a peculiar-looking object with the sign of anemo, her face scrunching in distaste.

"So, this is a Gnosis? Tsk, wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public," the Harbinger declared as she examined the Anemo Gnosis in her hands.

"Beauty is a waste... when the beholder has no taste," Venti coughed out, hands clutching his chest in pain. I struggled against the agents holding me even harder. I had to help Venti and get out of here, fast! If this Fair Lady could harm an archon, then she was very dangerous. It wasn't safe for either of them, nor Y/N, to stay here.

The blonde-haired woman whirled around to face Venti, anger ablaze in her eyes. She then kicked Venti roughly on his side, making him roll away from her foot with a pained cry. 

"Venti!" I screamed, concerned for my friend, and pushed even harder than before to slip from the grasps of the Fatui agents, but they held firm. I watched helplessly as the Fair Lady kicked Venti's head to the side, clicking her tongue mockingly.

"You're still rhyming, you pathetic bard!" the Fair Lady whispered, cold eyes glaring down at the green eyes of the former archon.

"Let me go!" I cried out, still struggling against the restraining grip of the Snezhnayian agents. The only response I received was a glance from the Fair Lady before she instructed,

"Well, we have what we came here for. Come, before our dear Favonian friends arrive. Leave nothing for them to find."

Before I could even react, one of the Fatui agents released one hand from me and punched me in the head, and soon the world was spinning and spinning and spinning as I slowly lost my consciousness.

The last thing I remembered was the Fair Lady and the rest of the Fatui she'd brought with her disappearing into the distance, leaving me lying helplessly on the floor and Venti and Y/N both lying unconscious.