Chapter 30

Mari’s POV

Saturday. The day that my whole family gathers around for dinner and spend time with each other. The dinner will be at the same restaurant we went to before to learn how to make Chinese food, and my mum told me that they are twisting a few things in a traditional family dinner today and allowed me to bring a few people to it.

Shanique is definitely going to it. She is my guard after all, and I am surprised that she asked me to bring Juleka as well. I did invite her to it, but even without that, she is still going because I found out that my dad invited Jagged Stones and his family to join. This means Luka and Kagami are in as well.

Mochi and Marc are going as well, with my aunts and uncles on their way on the flight. They also invited their boyfriends to it.

I asked Astral, my new partner, to come over and they agreed for two main reasons. One, my dad asked me to invite them since they got him impressed and he is willing to get to know them more. Two, I didn’t have time to announce our relationship yet, so they will all find out that time.

I invited Chloe to dinner, and she agreed to go, obviously. She also mentioned that she would never miss out on special occasions. She is the only person I told her about Astral’s and my relationship, and she literally screamed about it, congratulating me.

I tried to invite Alix, but she told me that she would spend with Max all day. I feel bad for her about Max, but at least he can come out on the day of the ceremony. I am still shocked about yesterday, mainly because I didn’t expect my class to attack Max and Alix. I never expected them to attack me overall, so I can’t argue with my point.

I am hoping that Lila will be exposed already and that she be gone from my life for good, as well as my former friends.

I got out of bed, and I checked the time. It is 10.30 am. I grabbed the dress I will be wearing, which is a simple white short-sleeved V-neck embroidery top with a short red tunic oriental skirt. I wanted to wear something fancy but comfy. I also put my hair into my classic two small pigtails and put on some white slippers before I left my room.

While I was walking through the corridor, I noticed my honorary uncle walking as well, wearing a black hanfu with purple and blue details on it. When he noticed me, he approached me.

“Hey, my favorite rock’n’rollin niece. How is your morning?”

“Eh. It is alright for the start. I thought that you were staying at the hotel.”

“Well… I am, but I helped Penny to grab Alix’s and Max’s stuff from the hotel and convince the cops with your parents to not arrest those idiotic brats. I decided to come over here early.” Fang, who was walking beside him, gave a smile to me while he looked at me.

“Alright. You know how Max is doing anyway?”

“He seems better, as well as Alix, but I wished I knocked on the door before I entered.”

“Oh… Moving on… My friends and I talked about where they would stay the night, and because there were guards in there, they told me that they would stay at the hotel. The only people staying in the castle will be me, Chloe, Luka, Kagami, and Alix if she wants to.”

“You sure they will be safe? It is enough that Max landed in the hospital for a few days and that you had to be checked by the school nurse.”