Chapter 1

Mari’s POV

The sun is shining through my window, calling me to wake up for another day of school. As I got up from my bed and put on my usual white shirt with flowers and pink trousers with my grey jacket and pink slippers, I got downstairs to meet up with my aunt Sabine and Uncle Tom preparing breakfast for us three.

It is a long story about what happened over those many years. I live in Paris with my Aunt Sabine and Uncle Tom, pretending that I am their daughter. My actual parents have sent me to Paris to protect me from some gang that is trying to kidnap me for power and wealth. I even had to change my name to no one knows who I actually am.

Because I am the Princess of China, known as Meixiu Shénqí-Cheng.

Yes, I am the one and only daughter of the emperor and empress of China, known as Plagg and Tikki.  My mother’s younger sister, Sabine Cheng, who isn’t in the royal family, is taking care of me with her husband, Tom Dupain. I still keep in contact though with my parents, thanks to the thing called Zoom calls. I call them at least once a month and tell them everything that is going on in my life.

But aside from all of that, I am alright with my home life.

“Good morning, Marinette. You are on time for breakfast.” I went to sit down after I gave my aunt and uncle a kiss on their cheek for a good morning.  “We also have some news for you.”

“Let me guess… Mochi is coming back to Paris for a few weeks.”

“Yes, he is. He will arrive in a few hours, so you will see him after school.”

Anyway, To people who don’t know who Mochi is…

And to those who haven’t read ‘Lost DJ’, my first book.

Good morning, Star. I am telling my story so go back to where you were.

Just to all of you know, there is a Dupain-Cheng in the family. Mochi, my cousin. He is a male version of me. Raven hair, which is side fringe style, has excellent baking talent and has almost the same personality as me. But he has green eyes and tan skin from his dad, and his IQ hits the moon. He is that smart.

He is currently studying at an international school in China, so he isn’t in Paris right now. He knows that I am a princess, which he was teasing about, but he has grown up to be a bit more sensible. Only a bit. But aside from that, he is like a brother to me, and awesome to talk to.

“I cannot wait to he be here. But I have to run to school now.”

“Be careful, dear. I love you, sweetheart.”

“I love you too, auntie and uncle.” Before I was able to go, they wrapped me in a big hug, which almost choked me to death. I don’t mind bone-crushing hugs, but not literally.

Once I left the bakery, I walked casually to school, like nothing is wrong going on there. Even though that is a lie. But I don’t want to ruin the good mood that I got today.

But it got ruined anyway when I saw one and only Lie-la Grossi splitting lies worse than how llamas can do straight to my former friends at the entrance of the school. She is chatting away about her childhood friends with the princess of China. She would be surprised if she finds out who the princess is.