Chapter 17

Thank you for over 1.25k views! Here is a new chapter to celebrate this.
_______________________________

Many weeks ago.

Max’s POV

The usual day of the usual week. I was walking to the school with Kim, talking about the new game released on PS5. I don’t have any plans for today so I am just going to study after school for our science test, even though Lila told me that she can arrange an interview with the Microsoft company in the future.

Speaking of that, I don’t know what to say. Lila is saying those kinds of things that are starting to be unbelievable due to how many things she said. I kept track of what she said and not even one notebook would be enough to fill in all of the things she said. Being childhood friends with Damian Wayne? Clara Nightingale stealing her dancing moves? Saving Jagged Stone’s cat? And don’t you even dare talk about the napkin thing because that isn’t even true what she said.

Thank god you aren’t dumb about that!!

This isn’t it though, Star. She always claims that Marinette either steals her stuff, or attacks her verbally, online, or even physically, which is only 2.1% likely to do that. Marinette could never do anything like this.

I decided to ask Kim about this situation. “Hey, Kim. You know about Lila claiming that Mari had done something to her, right?”

“Not claiming, only they are facts.”

“Is there any proof about this? Because as far as I know…”

“Look, I have no idea why Lila would lie about those kinds of things. Marinette is jealous of her, and this isn’t ok. This is why we gave her payback.”

I froze when he said that while cracking his knuckles. What does he mean by ‘payback’!?! What is it that I don’t know about!?!

“W-What do y-you mean by t-this, Kim?” I secretly turned on a voice recorder on my phone, just in case.

“Well, Lila told me about all of this, so Alya, Adrien, Ivan, and I did the same thing she did to Lila yesterday.” He then went closer to whispering to me. I luckily put the phone closer without him noticing. “We attacked Marinette yesterday. She won’t be back for a while.”

I don’t know what to say. THOSE BRATS ATTACKED MARINETTE!?!

Yep.

But they have no proof that she attacked Lila. She just says that! And even if she did do that, they were supposed to report that to the adult! Oh, god, Kim! What have you done?

I need to know the truth. I need to check what is actually going on.

When I told Kim a random excuse I could think of right now and ran to the library, I went into my laptop and hacked into the school cameras to see the footage. Lila said the day everyone left Marinette that she had stolen her sketchbook and beaten her up, so truth time.

I searched the time and place where Lila claimed that Marinette did all of those things, and the truth hit hard when I thought twice. Marinette doesn’t get to school early. I checked and I was right. Lila said that before the class started Marinette did that, but she only arrived when the class just started. I knew it!