thirteen

Taylor watched P.J. joking with Emmett at their lunch table. She was unsure of how to approach him. She knew she had to apologize, but P.J. didn't know that she had been secretly mad at him for three days. 

"P.J.!" She stood behind the boy. 

"Hey Taylor!" He stood to greet her. 

"Um about this morning-" 

"No Diana already told me you had an emergency." P.J. cut her off. 

"Oh no." Diana thought. 

"Well um. I just wanted to apologize." 

"No need, Taylor. Uh listen, I was wondering if had a date for the prom yet?" 

"No, to be honest I had thought much about even going." 

"Oh well, if you change your mind about going, let me know. I know a guy who really wants to ask you." P.J. smiled, sitting back down with his friends. 

Taylor turned and walked towards Diana, ready to burst with excitement at her encounter with P.J.

"DIANA!" She yelled, ready to fill in her friend.

"Girl spill I saw you and P.J. talking!" Diana said, matching her friends energy. 

"He basically asked me to th-" Taylor's phone buzzed, pulling her from the conversation. 

Clark: Hey! I know we haven't talked in a while but I'm going to be in town this weekend and wondered if you wanted to catch up? I've been thinking about you a lot.

 "Oh. My. God." Diana read the text over Taylor's shoulder.

"What? He's my friend?" Taylor defended herself.

"EX-BOY. Not friend, ex-boyfriend. And do you realize what this means?" 

Taylor looked at her friend, waiting to be enlightened. 

"It MEANS you have two boys fighting over you right now." 

"They don't even know each other, Diana, how could they be fighting over me?" Taylor dismissed her friend's antics. 

"Okay maybe not, but still. Two guys in your life at once? I'd so trade places with you right now."