four

Taylor sat in the driveway of the Duncan's house filled with anxiety. She was too nervous to go inside. She had let Diana get into her head with all this "P.J. asking her out nonsense".

The only thing that got her out of the car and onto the front porch was her fear of being late to anything.

P.J. opened the door with a smile on his face.

"Taylor!"

He led her into his living room where he had set up his books for them to study.

"Wow, P.J. you brought your books this time." Taylor commented, setting her stuff down.

"Yeah well, I usually forget to bring them to school. So maybe we should just keep studying at my house."

"Yeah, maybe." Taylor told him.

The two got to work on studying for the upcoming test P.J. had in Algebra. It seemed he was really getting it, there was hope he might even get a B.

"Hey guys, thought I'd bring you two a snack." Amy Duncan walked into the room, bearing a plate of cookies.

"Homemade?" P.J. asked his mom.

She gave her son a pointed look and set the tray down on the coffee table.

"So, what are we studying?" She asked, sitting between the teenagers on the couch.

"Algebra, P.J. has a test coming up. He's actually doing really well." Taylor told the woman.

"Now you said you're a Junior, I thought only Seniors could tutor?"

"Oh yeah well, I already took a lot of the Junior classes, so I was allowed to tutor this year. I'm technically on track to graduate this year, but I don't think I'm going to. Call me basic, but I want to have a real Senior year." Taylor answered.

"Hmm well seems liked you have a bright head on your shoulders. Have you thought about college any?" Amy asked.

"Yeah I kinda want to stay close to home, so I was really considering Southwest Denver Community College."

"Oh I like her." Amy said lowly to her son, "Well, I will leave you two to it. Lovely to meet you, Taylor."

"You too, Mrs. Duncan."

"Oh please, call me Amy."

With that, Amy left the room. Leaving Taylor to wonder one thing, if his mom was home, why did P.J. have to babysit his little sister.

In fact, where was his little sister?

Did P.J. lie?

Was this a date?

Taylor couldn't wait to get home and talk to Diana about all this.