five

"Taylor come on, that was so totally a date!" Diana told her skeptical friend. 

"Diana, how could that have been a date? We were studying. I'll admit it was weird for him to lie about having to babysit his sister, but until he asks me to go see a movie, I'm not convinced." 

Taylor and Diana had been having this argument since Friday, and it was now Tuesday. Tuesday meant that Taylor and P.J. had a tutoring session after school and they might finally get some clarity on whether their session Thursday night was a date or not. 

Taylor realized that she was so caught up in wondering if it was a date, that she hadn't given herself time to think if she even wanted it to be a date. At first thought, P.J. was never someone she could see herself with. He was messy and loud, and never prepared. But at the same time, he was really sweet and on the days when his socks matched and he combed his hair, Taylor had to admit he was cute. 

It didn't matter anyway, tutors weren't allowed to date their students. Mr. Richmond saw it as a conflict of interest. Although Taylor had many other extracurriculars, tutoring looked great on a college application, and she wasn't about to give all that up for a boy that maybe liked her. 

***

The day passed rather quickly and finally Taylor was sitting in the library waiting for P.J. to show up. 

"Taylor, Taylor, Taylor! I got a B on my Algebra test!" P.J. told her excitedly.

"No way! I'm so proud of you!" She yelled back. 

"All thanks to you. Seriously, I was so lost before you." 

Taylor knew he meant lost in math, but her heart still fluttered at P.J.'s kind words. 

"Hey, uh, I know you really like Shakespeare and the theater in town is playing Romeo and Juliet this weekend. Maybe we could go on Saturday? You know, to celebrate this awesome achievement."  P.J. asked, a bit nervously. 

Her blood ran cold, did P.J. just ask Taylor to the movies?