3. VIHAAN

I made her day hell. I made her run up and down the floors, giving and bringing documents. I made her serve tea and coffee to my staff even though it wasn't a part of her job. I also made her clean my office shelves and drawers.

Though, the view of her perky ass made it more torturous for me than for her.

In short, I tried everything in my power to get her to say no to me. For something. Anything. No to serving coffee. No to carrying that heavy stack of files. No, to running around like a clerk. She didn't. I haven't let her sit down even once since morning.

The bad part is, that I do feel regretful.

The worse part is, that I don't feel regretful enough to let my revenge plans go.

And the worst part is, that she wouldn't just give up!

The same routine continued for 5 days at a stretch. My employees had started whispering stuff about me but I didn't give a fuck. I never addressed her as my wife in front of my staff. So their opinion wasn't an issue.

The problem was that people had seemed to gain a liking for her. No matter how much I pushed her, she never got angry or frustrated.

She smiled and laughed with everyone, except for me, that is. She even shared her lunch with anyone who was hungry but hadn't brought their own, even though her frail form needed it the most.

Blood boils in my veins. Things aren't going as planned.

It is late. Everybody has left. I walk out of my office just in time to see Surbhi get inside the washroom. I notice that she has left her phone on her desk. An idea shifts and forms in my mind. I quickly scan the place to make sure nobody is around.

Then I march towards the washroom. Slowly so she won't hear it inside the cabinet, I close the main door of the washroom and bolt it from outside.

A few seconds later I hear the flush and the sound of the cabinet door opening. She must have noticed the closed door too because even before she washes her hands she jiggles the door and tries to open it.

It doesn't budge. She screams and yells and shouts but no help is waiting for her. Leaving her there, I take the elevator and go to the ground floor.

"Is there anyone on this floor?" I ask the security guard.

"No sir," he replies.

"Alright then lock up. I've checked the first floor. Nobody's there too."

"Okay, sir."

----------------------------------------------

The next morning, I don't know who found her. I just noticed the murmurs going about amongst the staff and the shouts coming from Aditya's office, the CEO of this company before I bought it from him.

I open the door to his office and step inside.

"She's in the hospital because of you," Aditya yells at the shaking security guard.

She's in the hospital?

Then the sensible part of my brain whose voice I have been drowning for way too long speaks.

What else did you expect you fool? That she'll just sleep on the bathroom floor and be woken up by the cleaning staff in the morning?

My mind raced with possibilities. What had happened? How bad is it? What have I done? Did I go too far this time?

Aditya finally notices me.

"Surbhi is in the hospital," he says with a worried expression.

"Which one?"