19

"get up you three. i found a lost puppy this morning"

Changbin said as he turned on the light and i sat up quickly, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Jisung just faced the wall and Hyunjin buried his face in pillows.

"Seungmin!"

i stumbled out of bed, nearly stepping on Hyunjin's hand, to give Seungmin a hug. he patted my back and caught his breath after being tackled by me.

"i woke up in the middle of driving a fucking crane. i swear i almost murdered some drivers on the track. i don't even know how to control it"

Seungmin shuddered as he recalled the memory.

...

"Seungmin.

we were in that car."

...

"oopsies 😋"

Seungmin said with false mischief as Changbin turned to him with a pissed look on his face. you could hear in his voice he regretted what happened even if he was trying to hide it.

"Changbin don't even. it's not his fault he woke up in a crane"

i said sternly as i stepped in front of Seungmin. we almost died but what else was Seungmin supposed to do in a situation like that?

Changbin sighed and calmed down almost immediately, patting Seungmin's shoulder as if telling him that it's ok.

i nodded in approval and all was good. i heard the bedsheets crinkling as Jisung and Hyunjin started to wake up.

"put some warm clothes on if you wanna go look for the others with Chan. i'm going back to sleep with this one"

Changbin dragged Seungmin out of the room and back to his as Seungmin waved goodbye to me. i laughed quietly and waved back.

Jisung and Hyunjin didn't even get out of bed. they were just rolling around. i rolled my eyes at the two as i left to change and look for Chan.

"we need to find Minho, Lix, and Jeongin"

Chan said in a slightly panicked way as we started walking towards the construction site together. it was an area we had yet to explore.

"Lix is a cute nickname"

i said as i walked a little faster to keep up with Chan. he was seriously worried about the three we haven't found.

Chan sighed anxiously. i mean i was worried about everyone too, but he was on the verge of having a panic attack.

"look, i know you're worried. we all are. we need to calm down and pull it together for them, you know?"

(I KNOW. YOU KNOW. WE KNOW. LEE KNOW.)

i tried to say soothingly as Chan looked at the dimly lit sky and took a deep breath. he tilted his gaze back down to me as he smiled and got himself together.

"thanks y/n"

Chan said as he held my hand to his lips and kissed it, looking at me as he slowly brought my hand back down to my side without letting go.

he didn't let go of my hand as we kept walking to find everyone. we made slight conversation, but there wasn't really much to talk about. we were just worried about the three not found.

"FELIX"

Chan shouted all of a sudden as he let go of my hand and ran to an unconscious Felix. i quickly followed and knelt down. he was on the ground, his hair no longer blonde.

instead, his hair had turned grey/beigeish. wet spots appeared on Felix's chest. i turned and saw Chan's head hanging down, tears falling silently from his eyes.

"Chan pull yourself together. we don't even know if he's gone yet"

i said, gently scolding but frantic as i held two fingers to Felix's neck, and one hand under his shirt to feel for a heartbeat. i breathed a sigh when i felt a pulse.

Chan looked at me anxiously as he held Felix's hand in his. it was understandable why he thought Felix was... not with us. he's cold to the touch and unconscious.

"is he alive?"

Chan asked with a hoarse voice, barely above a whisper. i nodded and Chan collapsed, falling onto Felix's chest while sobbing in relief.

i smiled and rubbed his back as he released all his pent up emotions. Chan and Felix have this unexplainable connection. Chan adores Felix and they're just really close somehow.

it's probably why Chan was so worried when he saw Felix, not to mention that Felix's hair color suddenly changed. i still have no idea why that happened.

"bring him back to the dorm area, yeah? i'll keep looking for Minho and Jeongin"

i said to Chan. he bit his lip nervously, hesitating before shaking his head no.

"i'm not letting you go by yourself. it's dangerous for any one of us to be alone here"

Chan said firmly as he motioned for me to put Felix on his back. i helped him and we started our trip back to base.

"sorry for freaking out earlier. i was just so scared we were gonna lose him"

Chan said quietly. i shook my head.

"don't apologize for that. we're all worried about each other"

i reassured him. Chan smiled slightly.

"i don't know y/n. everyone relies on me so much that it hurts to think that i led us to a situation where someone got hurt"

Chan said, his face revealing the stress of being the person everyone leans on. i couldn't squeeze his hand since he's carrying Felix, so i tiptoed to kiss his cheek.

Chan quickly turned his head to me, an obvious pink blush spreading across his cheeks in the bright glow of the morning sun.

"you're a wonderful and kindhearted person Chan. remember that it's okay to lean on us too. we only have each other to lean on, and that includes you"

i said softly as we approached the base. Chan smiled in relief as he set Felix down on an empty bed next to Hyunjin and Jisung's.

i pulled a blanket over Felix to warm him up from being outside too long. Felix snuggled into the blanket comfortingly, and we both smiled with relief.

"i'm going back out for Minho and Jeongin. you're staying here i assume?"

i stood up as i glanced at Chan. he nodded as he looked at Felix's sleeping face, the relief shining clearly on his face. i smiled at them as i moved to leave the room.

"wait y/n"

Chan stood up from the bed as i turned to look at him. he opened his arms really wide.

"big hug?"

he asked with a cute look on his face. i laughed and ran to give him a big hug.

"thanks y/n"

he mumbled as he squeezed me tighter before letting go and walking back to Felix. i smiled at the two and walked out to look around.

there was a hallway of about 6 rooms, 3 per side. i poked my head in a few of them in search of someone to go looking with me.

i saw Changbin and Seungmin sleeping together in the same room which i thought was cute since they're usually always teasing each other.

Jisung and Hyunjin were nowhere to be seen, so i poked my head outside by the race track.

"boo 😛"

"HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT-"

(mini note -

when i first started making this chapter, news of Chan's room ending had not reached me yet.

however, now that i have found this out, i feel like us Stays need a big hug from Chan, so i added it.

also help by listening to Chan. Chan knows best, so let's support him by listening to what he says 🩷)