3

Jisung and i walked through the crowd of protestors, destroying signs and just overall ruining the event.

"WATCH OUT"

Jisung tackled me to the floor in order to prevent me getting hit by a car. he quickly got up and pulled me up.

"you ok?"

he asked. i nodded and we kept running around. everyone else was doing their jobs: vandalizing, breaking things, mocking people, etc.

"Jisung, we should go. the others are done with their jobs"

i pointed out. i didn't see any signs of further destruction besides me and Jisung. it must be time to meet up again.

"stay behind me. we can't have you getting hurt"

he said. i rolled my eyes.

"what makes you feel like you gotta protect me? i can handle myself sometimes"

i said. Jisung's eyes softened but they had a confused look in them.

"i don't know. i just feel this need to protect you"

he said. he didn't say anything after that and we went back to where Jeongin was watching everything.

"welcome back. you two are the last pair to come back, so let's wait until tomorrow and hope we're released"

Minho said. everyone agreed, and we went to go wash our clothes in the little lake. Chan washed his clothes next to me while the others talked.

"Chan, do you still have your name tag?"

i asked.

"uh yeah. it's right here. why?"

he showed me his name tag. i've had this suspicion ever since we showed our name tags for the first time. they were all yellow with black letters on top, silver on bottom.

i paled.

"Chan, we were brainwashed"

i said shakily. Chan looked at me in disbelief.

"the name tags say we all go to the same school. it was us that was taken in. we have some connection with each other"

i said. Chan compared our name tags. we hung our clothes to dry and ran back to the others.

"you guys, we know each other"

Chan said as he held up the name tags to show them.

"mine looks exactly like that.."

Felix said as he pulled his out. everyone else did too. they all wrote Seoul of Performing Arts.

"we were brainwashed. we know nothing about ourselves and each other"

i said as i tossed my name tag in the center of the table we sat at.

"so what do we know?"

Seungmin asked. i thought for a moment.

"we all went to the same school before being brainwashed. i think we might have been friends even, but i'm not sure. all we know is our names"

i said. everyone looked at each other in disbelief.

"is that why i feel so strongly towards you?"

Jisung asked. Minho and Hyunjin looked at him quickly.

"what do you mean strongly?"

Minho asked with a bit of anger in his voice.

"i feel this strong urge to protect her and keep her close to me. i don't know if it's just instinct or i was close to her in the past"

Jisung massaged his head. he looked like he was struggling to cope with the information we've been given.

"we know our names, and part of our past. we just have to wait until our memories come back"

Chan sighed.

"let's sleep. one person will keep watch at a time"

Changbin suggested. everyone agreed, so he kept watch first. we all slept closely in the same room for safety purposes.

it was not the best way to do things. people rolled on top of each other. by the time it was my turn, Jeongin was laying horizontally across my stomach and Felix's foot was on my forehead.

"please help"

i wheezed out to Minho as i shoved Felix's foot off my head. he's the one who woke me up to keep watch.

"nah, i think you got it"

he laughed silently at me as he tried not to wake anyone up. i carefully rolled Jeongin off me.

"what time is it?"

i asked while rubbing my eyes. Minho went to the monitor to go check.

"you can go back to sleep. it's like 10. people are waking up already anyways"

he said as he dropped next to me and fell asleep. just like that, there was Minho clinging to my arm, Jeongin rolling back on, and Felix's foot dangerously close to my mouth. 

"what was the point of me pushing them off"

i sighed and went back to sleep. them clinging to me while sleeping is the least of my worries right now.

i woke up to people talking with frustration in their voices. Jeongin, Minho, and Felix were already off me and talking to one another.

"what's happening?"

i asked while walking over to the table people were talking at. Jeongin looked at me with pure seriousness in his eyes.

"nothing happened. the protests are starting again as if nothing happened"