6

"HEY SEUNGMIN. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU"

i heard someone shout. i stood up and saw Hyunjin yelling at Seungmin. Seungmin walked towards Hyunjin. both of them were pissed for seemingly no reason.

"what the hell is your problem"

Seungmin scoffed. Hyunjin looked at him like he was crazy. Minho had no idea what was going on since he was taking care of Chan and Jisung apparently, and Changbin was helping Felix calm down.

there was no one to mediate the situation. it would have been nice if Chan was available. he has everyone in a chokehold with how scary he can be.

"you can't just put her in the lake. she's wearing white and she could get worse from being wet. it's cold"

Hyunjin glared at Seungmin as he averted his gaze from me.

i don't get why me wearing white was such a big deal. we're literally just trying to survive. my bra showing is the least of anyone's worries right now.

"i'm making sure that y/n doesn't overheat and that she's able to wash her sweat off. if she cared about her outfit she wouldn't have suggested it and she's fine as long as she gets dry quickly"

Seungmin said as Hyunjin stepped closer to him and grabbed the neckline of his shirt. they started fighting.

"HEY WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING. WHY ARE YOU EVEN FIGHTING OVER THIS"

i shouted and immediately regretted it since my throat hurts like a bitch.

i'm not really sure how i was able to stand up because i was so weak from sickness. maybe it was adrenaline.

i shoved myself in between the two of them and
the next thing i know the world is going black and i'm falling.

i had a dream.

it wasn't a particularly significant dream.

i was in a little movie that was being shot by me and my friends. i was the female lead.

i couldn't see anyone's faces. everything was blurry. i wish it wasn't though. i saw a boy i was friends with get hit by a car. i wish i could have seen if he was ok. but my dream ended.

i woke up and am greeted with pure silence thank god. the sky was dark and i was laying on someone's lap.

my fever was much better than before. all i had was a sore throat now. i sat up and felt the towel i was wrapped in tighten.

i sat there for a while and let myself adjust to the darkness. i was laying on Felix's lap. everyone was asleep except for Chan and Changbin. apparently Minho had caught a fever while Chan got better.

"hey, how is everyone doing?"

i whispered to Chan. he jumped a little bit before turning to me.

"they're doing ok for the most part. just sleeping off the side effects. how are you feeling?"

he asked me back. i thought for a minute.

"just a sore throat. i can help"

i said while grabbing a towel to clean sweat off everyone's faces. Chan stopped me.

"sweetheart i appreciate your willingness to help, but you should put on some clothes first"

he smirked while tossing me a jacket and shorts. i felt my face get warm as Chan held a towel around me.

(yk like when you surround someone in a towel to let them change?-)

"i'm done"

i said and he folded up the towel and set it aside. there really wasn't much to do besides clean sweat off everyone. they were all getting better as we got closer to the end of the road.

we finished making sure everyone was ok and sat down together.

"what happened after i passed out?"

i asked Chan. his lips straightened as if he was trying to form the right words to say.

"i heard you threw yourself between Seungmin and Hyunjin"

he started while i nodded.

"i didn't see it, but Seungmin told me your legs gave out and you fainted. it was probably from fatigue. the two of them were really worried about you"

he concluded.

"are they still upset with each other?"

i asked.

"i don't think so. after they wake up, i think their feelings of anger will be gone. it was because of that path they were mad anyways"

Chan said. at that moment, Changbin called back from the front to tell us that we're officially off the path. everyone started waking up after that.

"what time is it?"

Felix asked as he stretched and blinked the tired out of his eyes.

"it looks like 3 am right now"

Chan said as he pointed to the rising sun. it would have been beautiful if not for our situation.

everyone was fully awake by the time the sun rose all the way. Seungmin and Hyunjin still weren't on speaking terms.

"you guys need to apologize. i know that it wasn't your fault you were mad, but still. apologize."

Minho scolded.

"i'm sorry"

Hyunjin said reluctantly. and i get why. it's not easy to apologize.

"it's fine. i'm sorry too. you were just worried about.  y/n"

Seungmin said. they hugged and we continued going on our way.

"uh... where are we going?"