4

"isn't that normal though? naturally people would keep protesting if they wanted something to happen"

i said. i really don't see a problem with everyone protesting, even if it is weird after what we caused.

"no, they're literally protesting the same as yesterday. the guy is standing in his car with hype men, and the signs are the same"

Changbin said while pointing to a protestor holding the sign. it looked just like the one Jisung broke.

"what the fuck is happening"

Hyunjin looked pissed at the scene in front of us. we went out and did all that for the same thing to repeat again.

"guys the system 100% knows we're here. they're fixing everything and setting stuff back up. these people work for them"

Chan pointed out.

"we have to leave again?"

Jeongin asked sadly. i have a feeling that he's the youngest one. you can just tell. he's more innocent in nature than us, even after being brainwashed.

"yeah, let's get going"

Hyunjin said as he led Jeongin away to pack up our clothes. we have one backpack we take turns carrying. it has our clothes in it. we share clothes because it's all we have right now.

"you ready to go?"

Seungmin asked as i grabbed the backpack and put the clothes i washed in it.

"yeah, just packing up"

i said while putting the last shirt in. Seungmin grabbed my hand and pulled me off the floor.

"Chan told us to meet by the tunnel"

he said as we walked there together. we found Jisung searching for the backpack, so i handed it to him and we walked together.

"oh hey. i think you're the last ones to arrive? let me check"

Chan said as he did a headcount of all of us.

"where's Felix?"

he asked worriedly. i went back to the surveillance room and found Felix holding a compass.

"i found this in a bush. thought it might be useful"

he said while pocketing it and following me back to the tunnel entrance.

"i got Felix"

i said as the two of us ran to where the rest were waiting.

"and i got a compass"

he showed everyone what he found.

"i guess we can't afford to get directions on a phone with how we can be tracked"

Hyunjin scoffed. we were all waiting for Chan and Minho to come back. they were searching for a way outside without being seen by protestors.

i looked to the left and saw a little pink figure dashing through the tunnel. it looked fuzzy but i think it was a rat or something.

"guys we found a way out. let's go"

Minho called out as he led us to the exit. we all followed and went outside where we found a field and a random bus.

"we finally get a fucking way of transportation other than walking for hours"

Seungmin said as he jumped in the bus. it looks like one of those safari tour buses or something. it had no walls or anything.

"does it even work? and does anyone here actually know how to drive-"

Jisung said as he jumped into the back, throwing the backpack on the seat next to him.

"i don't trust you guys to drive, have you seen the way you almost crashed into a STILL car while WALKING??"

Chan said as he blinked with an incredulous face. it was probably aimed towards me and Jisung. we weren't paying attention and almost bodied a car.

"okok fine we won't drive"

i said as i sat next to Jisung. Minho sat next to me while Hyunjin sat across.

"dude i trip over my own feet, how do u expect me to drive"

Jeongin said as he sat down next to Hyunjin. Felix followed suit with no worries in the world.

"i have to protect the compass 😇😇"

he said innocently. Chan rolled his eyes.

"i'll drive. don't blame me if we die though. i don't even know if i learned how to drive before"

he said as he jumped in the driver's seat. he searched around in the glovebox for a key until he found it. thankfully, the bus started and we could go.

we talked and learned things from each other. we retained some memories. useless, but memories all the same.

"there was this one time i was at an arcade and spent 60 dollars on credits to win this bear from a claw machine"

Hyunjin said while laughing.

"60 dollars is crazy 😭😭"

Jeongin said. we could really use 60 dollars right now. we've been surviving on snacks and water we stole from the racing event.

"who spends 60 dollars on a claw machine instead of just buying it"

Seungmin said. he's the most realistic person here. besides Minho. they're the same breed of sarcastic though.

"i don't know man maybe it was a really cute bear"

Hyunjin said while mourning over his lost 60 dollars.

"you guys look ahead"

Chan said while looking back at the 8 of us. there was a fork in the road.

"which way do we go?"

Jisung asked.

"we should go this way. that side is the way we came and where the protestors are"

i said. everyone agreed and we went down the other path. all of a sudden, something felt wrong.

"you guys, do you feel weird?"

Jeongin asked shakily. i nodded as he came to sit next to me, switching places with Jisung.

"my head hurts."