chapter 17- The events of our lives

[A few months later]

Carmen's pov☆

It's been a couple months since that night,Jade has been doing better,and she's been growing her hair out,Aspen turned five recently and Ryan is closer to his due date.

As for me,I've been focusing on school more,I've been getting good grades in school and still make time for me and Jade.In a few months Jade and I will be graduating.

I've applied for a few colleges close by,I'm planning on taking an art course,Jade on the other hand decided to not go to college till she was ready.

I bought us promise rings a few days back,The love I feel for Jade is something I've never felt before and I only know now that she's my missing peice.

I know we're still young so that's why I'm not flat out promosing to her but just to show her that I truly love her.

I'm planning to take her out to the beach tomorrow at dawn and give her the ring.

I was currently at her house and we were cuddling on the couch,I was reading and jade was behind me reading along with me.

"I don't get that one." Jade says confused at the poem we just read.

"What part don't you understand?"I question the girl behind me.

"The entire thing,I get that it's angsty and sad but I'm not entirely sure what it's saying." Jade explains.

"Well,I think it's about a troubled girl,who grows up troubled but then finds her light in someone else." I say and jade stays silent for a few minutes.

"I think so too,I actually wrote a poem today during break,You wanna read it?" Jade says happily.

"Of course I do,where is it?" I ask excitedly.

"Here." Jade said as she reached into her pocket and handed me a folded peice of paper.

I unfolded it and started to read

A poem for my lover

I may not know the words you may speak,but I love to listen.
I may not understand some of the things you do but I love to watch.
I may not like everything you say,but I love you and the way you do things.
You are my Star,my sun,my world,you are my universe,and last but not least you are my lover,the best thing of all.

I start to tear up as I look at Jade who looked nervous,"Don't cry baby,It's not even that good." Jade says wiping the tears from my cheek.

"It was that good,it was so sweet Jade." I say and jade smiles at me and I smile back.

"if you think so." Jade says hugging me close to her.

"I know so,You should write more." I say,And jade peppered my face with kisses.

☆☆☆

[A few days later]

Carmen's pov☆

It was midnight,And spider was throwing up the entire night,Jade was getting worried so we decided to take her to the vet.

We were waiting for what seemed like hours.

The taller girl was visibly scared and nervous,Things like this rattle Jade.