chapter 11-Our Melody

[A few Days later]

Carmen's pov☆

It was the day of the dance and I was at home getting everything ready,Everything had to be perfect,I could hear my parents singing in the kitchen to old Italian songs,my ears were also being damaged by Mason's heavy metal.

I look across from me and stare at my wall,My two Guitars stare back at me.

Maybe I should try again,I mean it has been a while.

I sigh and walk over to the wall and take down my blue electric guitar,I pull put the Amp from behind my mirror and plug it in.

You can do this Carmen,it's been three years you can do it.

I start to Play the only song I learned, Freaks by surf curse.

I felt like I knew what I was doing for once,Instead of stumbling through every day I felt like I knew what would happen next.

I felt in control,I could feel my body relax as my fingers glided across the strings.

I felt alive,and free like I knew my melody for once in my life,I started to smile as I finally had enough.

That was one of the best feelings I've ever felt,in a while.

I turn around to see jade leaning in my door way with food in hand.

"Hey beautiful,since when did you play guitar?" Jade asks smirking at me.

My face turns beat red,No one has ever seen me play before other than Mason who taught me how.

"A few years ago,and you need to stop sneaking up on people." I grumble and she laughs before placing the bag of food on my dresser and she walks over to me and kisses my cheek.

"you play nicely,and I don't think I will stop sneaking up on people,it's too much fun." Jade chuckles to me and I pout.

"I thought you were busy?" I question the taller girl infrount of me.

"I mean not really Jay wanted me to change his oil for him,I got that done pretty quick so I thought I'd stop by and see what you were doing."Jade explains while sitting on my bed.

"Play something for me." she says smiling at me.

"I only know that one song and that's what Mason taught me before he went to Iraq,I haven't played until today." I explain to Jade as I put my guitar back up on the wall.

"I could teach you,I play alot of instruments." My girlfriend beams as she pulls me on top of her.

"Jadeee let gooo!" I whine trying to get out of her grasp as she hugs me tightly and peppers my face with kisses.

"No you're mine." Jade says as I start to laugh at her tickling me.

"J-Jade HAHAHHAHAAHA S-STOP YOU HAHAHAHAHA WIN!" I laugh and she finally lets me go.

"That's the pretty laugh I love to hear." Jade says looking over at me.

"You want food? your mom said you haven't eaten yet." Jade says and I nod happily.

"I got you some wings and some fries and your favorite,Dr.pepper." Jade says getting up and handing me the bag of food.

"Thank you baby." I say and she smiles at me before pecking my lips gently.

We both sit on the floor and eat together,I felt alive and like a person.

For once I didn't feel numb or stiff,I was being me with the girl I love.