Matteo

Traitor.
My mother is a traitor. She took us to a BlackSider camp. She knew off the attack and let whole Sirrion burn.
Our father left us. He left us when mom was leading us into the woods. He found out that mom is a traitor. I was in shock, I couldn't do anything. I tried to drag Keira, my little sister, to our father. Keira started to cry of confusion. She didn't want to leave our traitor mom, who let Sirrion burn, our home. But mom took her sword out and pointed the sword to my father. I was scared that she would kill him and then us.
'You can leave, lucian. But the children come with me.' She said with a deadly voice. I didn't have any words. My whole life has been a lie. Keira cried harder when she saw the sword and begged mom to not kill him. Father was furious and started to yell.
'My children will not go with a traitor!'
'You wouldn't understand. I saved your life, and my children's. Come with me, or go.'
I looked at my mother, Keira and mine exact copy. Keira pulled my arm down. Her face was covered in tears. ' Do something, Matteo,' she said hopeless. But i just stood there, looking from my mother to her sword. This can't be. I can't feel the cold of the night anymore.
Our father tried to reach us, but mom brought the sword closer.
'I can't believe I loved you. I loved you my whole life.' He looked now heartbroken instead of furious. He looked at us now. ' I will find you children. I will come with an army to save you from that witch.' Then he backed up and disappeared behind the trees. I grabbed Keira's arm and tried to run after him, but our mother stopped us.
'Matteo I understand that this is hard for you two, but please come with me and I'll explain,' she said with tears in her eyes.
'I don't want to hear it, and you're not my mother.' I tried to say it like I didn't care, but I was broken inside. How could she? Keira walked up to our mother and hold her hand.
'She is our mother, Matteo. You haven't heard her story. If she didn't love us she wouldn't save us from that attack,' Keira said. She wipes her tears away and looks at me, begging for me to come.
'I'm your mother Matteo, and a mother wouldn't let anything happen to her children. We have to go now, I'll explain everything at the camp. You will understand everything.'
My mother's green eyes were filled with saddens, and I couldn't bare to see my mother like this. So I followed her to the camp.
Now we are at a BlackSider camp. Everywhere I look is filled with warriors with black armors, my worst nightmare.
'You may be our mother, but nothing changes the fact that you're a traitor,' I say mad.
Mom takes a deep breath and comes closer.
' I'm not a traitor. I am a BlackSider. I've been a spy for almost my whole life. I married your dad because I loved him and I love you two too.'
I back up. My mother is a BlackSider. My life has been a lie. I hated BlackSiders my whole life, and apparently my mother is a BlackSider.
My mom tries to come closer to me, but I tell her to stay away from me. Keira seems like she doesn't care that our mother is a BlackSider.
'Matteo let me explain everything. You know that the queen is crazy, and what she's done to Auryn. They treat dragons really bad an you know that. They hate the dragon queen and try to kill her. They had to be stopped.'
'WE hate the dragon queen because she attacked us!' I yell back.
'Because the WhiteSide uses dragons as slaves, we can't allow that.'
I know that the dragons are treated poorly, but I thought it didn't matter. But the BlackSider fight for dragons, not people. They choose violence instead of peace. And she's right about the queen, but that doesn't change anything.'
' Rexanne killed Dryston. She treats her warriors and guards bad. That is not how a queen behaves. Here, in the BlackSide, the king treats everyone as equal.'
She is also right about that, but I'm not sure about the king of the BlackSide. I'll hate him no matter what.
' Think about how she treated Auryn,' she continues.
Auryn. Mighty dragons.
' You told about Auryn, didn't you?' I ask slowly. ' You don't care about her! You brought her in danger and told the BlackSide she's on her way to the dragon queen!' I yell in disbelief. If only Auryn knew...
'We must protect the dragon queen no matter what! I love Auryn as a daughter, I took care of her when her parents died, I wouldn't let anything happen to her. I told them not to hurt Auryn and bring her back safely!' She yells back. All eyes are on us now , and I don't like the fact that BlackSider warriors are looking at me.
' Auryn will hate you more than I do! I'm going to find father.' I start to run as fast as I can into the woods. But two, strong BlackSiders grabs me and pull me back.
'No one leaves the camp,' says one of the soldiers. I look disbelieved at my mother. She ruined my life. She ruined Auryn's life. Now I'm stuck at a BlackSider camp, and will never leave.
I hope Auryn can escape those soldiers. I know she is capable of protecting her self, but I have a bad feeling.  I stare at the full moon, praying that she'll be alright.
'Get some sleep, son. We leave tomorrow morning.'

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE💕 WERE YOU SAD FOR MATTEO? OR MAD AT ELYSE?