Auryn

I woke up because of the birds chirping. It is time to leave. I change my nightgown into my travel clothes, put my sword sheath on my hips and put the sword in it. I quikly brush my white-blonde hair and wash my face. Then I grab my travel bag and leave. The knights in the hall are wishing me goodluck, and I thank them. I see that the people are wearing black. I guess the funeral  is today. I leave the castle and go to the dragon cave, and Matteo and his family will be there to say goodbye. I start running, worried that Elyse has to go to the queen. I arive at the dragon cave, and I can see Sarnai's white and beige wings. They got Sarnai out of the stable's for me. I run faster when I see All four of them. Keira runs towards me and jumps into my arms, she is the exact copy of Matteo.

' You can do it Auryn,' she says in my arms. I hug her tighter. Keira always believes in me, she thinks that I can do anything. I will not let her down.

I put her back on the ground and go hug Lucian, who was always like real father to me. He would always bring me to the royal blacksmith with Matteo, but he forbade us to come again after we played too much there. Good old times. he stinks like the blacksmith right now.

' You really need to take a shower.' I say in his arms. He chuckels and lets go of me. Then I go to Elyse, who is still in her armor. I hug her too, and she kisses my forehead.

'Come back safely, Auryn.'

' I will,' I say sure of myself. Lastly, I go hug Matteo. We jump in eachothers arms. I try to hold my tears back, but Matteo doesn't even try. I can feel his tears on my shoulder.

' I'll miss you,' he says.

'I'll miss you too. But I'll be back before you know it.'

' I hope so.' He lets go of me. He wipes his tears away. I climb on Sarnai's back and look at the environment. No one is here yet, perhaps because it's so early. Then I look at my only family. I give them a warm smile and fly into the sunrise. My hair flies out of my face and I can see from above autumn leaves falling from the trees. I look behind me and see them waving at me. I wave back and tell Sarnai to speed up.

I wonder what this adventure will bring me.