Auryn

After the training I sharpen and clean my sword at the training room. I couldn't look sir Kingsley in the eyes. The fact that I threw up in the training room makes me wanna disappear. Suddenly I remember something.
The plan.
Mighty dragons i'm really bad at remembering things. I put my sword in its sheath and rush outside, to Sarnai's stable. It is the only place where no one can hear us, because of the dragons noises.
The wind blows in my face, making my hair fly away. It is quiet and calm, but that won't be anymore if I arrive at the dragon stables. It is a cave filled with noisy, wild dragons. It takes a lot of courage to ride one. Luckily Sarnai isn't like that. It's not only Sarnai, it's every dragon I interact with. I pass The royal garden and it doesn't look breathtaking anymore. The big pink roses and the yellow tulip's aren't there anymore, only colorful autumn leaves that fell of the trees. I arrive at the cave and see dragons in a line, waiting to fly away. People immediately step aside for me. The perks of being a feared warrior, i guess. Sarnai's stable isn't that far away. The dragons are wild today. I see Emrys (a fellow soldier) struggling to get his dragon out of his stable. He pulls at the reins, but it doesn't work. Then I see him pulling out his whip. No way he is going to use that whip while I'm standing here. People often say i have to mind my own business. I won't if they harm other living beings.
I grab his arm. His brown eyes widens.
'Let me try,' I say. I look at the dragon. He is wide and strong and is neon orange with yellow dots. He is beautiful. His stubborn yellow eyes stare at me. 'What is his name?,' I ask without taking my eyes off the dragon.
' Neo.' He sounds frustrated. I walk slowly closer to him, staring at his eyes. ' It's alright Neo,' I say quietly. I grab the reins and pull gently, and Neo follows. He doesn't have that stubborn look anymore, but a soft look. I hand down the reins to Emrys.
' You really have to share your secrets, Auryn,' he says while climbing up Neo. I pat Neo's snout and say: ' being gentle is key.' Then I rush to Sarnai's stable.
When I open the door I see Matteo sleeping on Sarnai's back. I sigh. Sarnai sees my facial expression and shakes Matteo of her back. He falls on his head and looks at me surprised.
'Finally you're here,' he says while rubbing his head. He looks at Sarnai as if she betrayed him. I go sit next to him. ' Have you something on your mind? We don't have much time left. I leave tomorrow morning.'
' The library isn't guarded but the queen's room is. Unfortunately her room is next to her library, I guess she loves to read.' He takes a deep breath and continues. '  The spy in your closet knows all the secret passages , Even the one to your room. We can use him...'
'No way. We don't need him, we are SMART enough to do this on our own.' I said the word "smart" a bit loud because Scar called me dumb. I'm still mad about it.
'What if he is smarter?' He looks so done with me. My stubbornness can be annoying, i know that.
And so we discuss about the plan for nearly three hours. I'm starving, but this is important. I need to know more about the necklace. The necklace that I never took off and is now stolen by a Blacksider.
' What if there is no information about your necklace? What if we don't find anything?,' Matteo asks.
' Are you giving up?'
'No, because I know that you won't give up. I'm always by your side. But why won't you choose the easy way?'
' You know what is the easy way? Knocking out the guards and going inside.'  I get up and leave the stables. I'm Auryn Tyrell and I can do whatever I want. Even breaking into the queen's library. Matteo runs after me and grabs my arm. ' My mother is her personal guard are you really going to knock her out?'
' I would never do anything to your mother. She was like a mother too for me.' He smiles, but then he looks irritated and says: you're going to do it anyways, aren't you?'
I slowly walk away from him and give him a sneaky smile. ' Don't forget to feed the spy!'
' You're insane, Auryn!' He screams at me
I know my friend, i know.

————————————————————————

I walk confident through the halls. I don't feel nauseous at all, which means everything is fine. But am I really going to knock out Elyse? After everything that she has done for me, this is wrong. But almost everything I do is wrong, so it is alright. I see a fancy door. This must be the queen's room. And yes, there is Elyse. But only her. I guess this is my lucky day.
She notices me, but can't greet me. When you're guarding Crazy Rexanne, you can't talk with anyone. As if she needs protection.
Am I really going to do this? Why can't I try talk to her? Mighty dragons why not.
' Good evening, Elyse.' I say with a bright smile. She does not look happy. She still has that mother effect on me that scares me so much. I can see in her eyes that she wants me to go away. Why was I even thinking about knocking her out? She won't stop me and tell the queen that I broke into her library. Elyse won't do that, right?
I start to whisper now. ' I need to visit the queen's library. I'll be back before you know it.' She widens her eyes and tries to grab my arm, but I dodge her and walk up to the library. She runs after me. Mighty dragons i should have knocked her out. I won't be welcome for dinner anymore after this. Just when i grab the door handle she grabs my shoulder and shakes me.
' Are you out of your mind, Auryn? You can't just go in there,' she whispers furiously.
' You don't understand. This is important.' There is no time for explaining. I look at the queen's room, scared that she heard us.
'She is...' but I don't listen anymore. I'm leaving tomorrow and this has to be done.
I open the door. And I see the queen looking at me.