lviii. deskmate--joey jordison part 3

Start from the beginning

"Listen, I mean it in a very platonic way--" Joey's cut off by his own and your laughter as you approach his car. 

"Good god," you climb into the passenger seat and rest your bag by your feet.

It's hard not to let the heaviness in your eyes take over once the car starts. 

About 10 minutes later, Joey pulls into his driveway. By now, you're so ready for a nap. It takes actual preparation to get out of the car with your bag on your shoulder. 

Once you get into the house, Joey lets you into his room, where you promptly crawl into his bed. Joey is a bit surprised at your lack of hesitation, but he's not bothered at all. He's about to leave you alone when you stop him with a little "hold on."

You yourself aren't sure what came over you as you said that, but Joey's concerned expression as he turns around from his desk is just...holy shit. He's so pretty. Did you not notice that before?

"What's goin' on?" Joey asks, clearly not realizing how good he looks with his hair falling over his shoulders. 

"Why don't you lay down and take a nap with me?" you ask without thinking. A blush scratches at your face when you realize what you said. 

Joey blushes a bit too. He looks away to control himself and bite back a smile. 

"You're okay with that?" he inquires. 

"Sure," you blush. 

"Yeah, uh-alright," Joey gets into the bed next to you, leaving a good amount of room between you and him so you're not uncomfortable. 

He turns on the small TV on the dresser across his room and switches the channel to a murder show or something. He's not really paying attention, anyway. You, someone Corey has identified as someone Joey's been into "for at least a damn good while" (Corey's actual words), just asked him to take a nap with him. Joey is not sure how to contain his excitement. This is a good sign, right? 

Right before you entirely drift off but as your eyes flutter closed, you mutter, "Y'know, I feel so safe around you."

Joey blushes quite a bit at your statement. 

You're safe. With him. He makes you feel safe. 

He nestles down and slowly drifts off himself. 

...

Eventually, you wake up and spend the rest of the day with Joey and his folks. When you decide it's time for you to return home, it's already dark. You assure Joey and his family that you can walk home--you do live quite close by and it's a pretty safe neighborhood--but the Jordisons aren't having any of it. 

Joey ends up driving you. 

"Hey, listen," Joey nervously grips the steering wheel. 

"Hm?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Did...did you mean it when you said you feel safe with me?"

You blush, grateful that the low glow of the streetlights conceals it. "I did. You've got a very nice presence."

Joey's quiet for a second, but goddamnit if he doesn't look good in this light.

"I've been meaning to ask you anyway," you take a breath. "Would you want to go out sometime? No pressure to answer now."

Joey tries not to answer too quickly. "Yes, yeah, I'd like that. Are you free this weekend?"

"Please, you know I don't leave the house," you joke. "I am."

If it was possible, Joey would be vibrating with excitement, and honestly, so would you. You're both blushing like mad. 

He turns into your driveway, unsure if he's allowed to want to kiss you as much as he does. 

You lean down to grab your bag at your legs and pause for a second as you come back up. In a moment of being completely in sync with Joey, you lean in closer to him and kiss him. His hand raises up to rest on your jaw.

Shit, that gave you butterflies. 

When you pull away, you can see how flushed Joey is. You're sure you're just as flushed as you peck his lips again. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," you smile before hopping out of his car and walking up to your house.

...

it's done :) hope you like it!!

(especially you, pigliarjester, ilysm)