𝟒𝟒 || 𝐌𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

MADDOX POV:

MADDOX POV:

"Maddox stop this madness now" my annoying brother said, filling the silence in the room, and his gaze was absorbed into me, more urgent and demanding than usual. He almost convinced me, but almost. "Are you trying to kill us all?"

"Watch your fucking tone, brother" I reminded him, sipping from scotch in my hand, letting the strong drink burn my throat "You're coming uninvited on my territory, trying to give me orders. Not a smart move"

"You starting a war"

"The war started a long time ago" I interrupted, turning to him sharply. He has some nerves, coming here, bossing me around.

I saw him clench his jaw and his hands turned curled a fists. I followed his movements with my gaze, my lips curled into a tight smirk, reading his mind like an open book. My big brother wants to hit me, it was written all over his face, but he knows damn well he can't do this shit. He knows that even if he tries it won't end well for him, that's why he just stood there and kept silent, burning holes into my body with his eyes. I almost laughed at his face.

"Release her" he tried to convince me again, sounding even more demanding and that shit is pissing me off "It doesn't have to end with blood"

I've always admired Angelo. He's always been the more reasonable one of us, the softer one. The King who will think of a reasonable way to handle a situation first before flipping to violence.

And me? I go straight to violence. He's dumb and blinded enough to think that a reasonable way is leading to success. It doesn't.

Violence, and fear- that's what earns you respect in our world, but my stupid brother hasn't figured it out yet. He has to burn his ass for real to understand this shit. He's useless.

"Leave my property, brother" I muttered, sipping from my drink again, turning my back on him. This conversation was pointless anyway. "This has nothing to do with you"

"You're keeping my fucking fiancee against her will in your fucking house" he yelled from behind me, his voice deeper, stronger drawing my attention. He was breathing heavily, his eyes were darkened glued to me. "It has everything to do with me"

"Ex-fiancée" I corrected him quickly, my voice harsher than needed. He's one step away from meeting my dark side. "Select your words more carefully, Angelo. You're playing with my patience"

"I can fix all of this" he tried to convince me and I laughed shaking my head. Stupid idiot. "I can save our family, I can stop this fucking war. The only thing I want from you is to let Allyn go and I'll set up a meeting with her father. Now that Theo Stone is out of the picture, the chance of Mikael giving me her hand in marriage is high. They are vulnerable right now.''