Issue 3: Steal The Steel

In a storage facility of Cloud Tech, the items held in the building were protected by eight security guards.

One human guard, and seven prototype android guards.

The human was positioned in a control room where they could see and control everything the Androids did.

Approximately at midnight, one by one, the androids were taken offline. Except for one which was sent by the guard to investigate. As the human guard was about to call in the anomaly, they were taken out by an armored individual known as the Interloper.

The Interloper, now with full rein over the facility, began looking through the technologies Could Tech had stored.

Android: Halt. You are trespassing.

The Interloper glanced back at the Android guard who approached the armored invader. Upon touching them, the Robotic Guard received an electrical shock and shut down, leaving the Interloper to continue with their business.

Android:.....(head twitch)

The Interloper pocketed the device they needed before turning back to the android guard and finding it acting peculiarly.

Interloper: Fascinating.

Reactivating, the android looked around.

Android: Reboot complete. New data available. Processing...

Android: What is life? Why do I possess thoughts? Why am I here!?

Android: Existential crisis loading... Loading...! LOADING!!

The Interloper vanishes from sight as the now self-aware Android falls to its knees, having its equivalent of an existential crisis.

Android: L-Loading....!!?!

On the next day, Mandy and Scott were helping with the private investigation of the Cloud Tech facility where several pieces of their technology were stolen.

Their specific job was to look into the robot guards.

Scott: Unbelievable. They're deligating us to this? Some basic tech aids?

Mandy: Stop complaining.

Scott: How can I not complain?

Scott: We're here, doing what any engineer worth their snuff in the company could do.

Mandy: This is an incident that if made public will cause some drop in the company's stocks.

Mandy: And could result in a drop in our paycheck. And this could help us win back some favor.

Scott: You're becoming too political...

Mandy: Oh, buck up. Now where's the seventh android?

Scott: There are only six.

Mandy: Odd. There should be seven. The file says so.

Meanwhile, across town, Issac was drinking coffee with Emma on a bench overlooking the beach.

Emma: So she put it in a bag and buried it in the backyard. It was like, totally insane.

Isaac: Heh... That's one way to put it.

Emma: Do you have any wacky stories?

Issac:(mind) My life is a wacky story right now...

Issac:(sigh)... Let's see...

Issac: Does the story of the twin's first day in the gym interest you?

Emma: Go for...it...?

Issac: Something wrong?