"Did you want to go to bed?" I asked my girlfriend, now that I was seeing more and more people heading for their rooms.

"Yeah, I'm a little tired from the traveling and..." she said the second part more softly "worrying." I grinned at her, while we got up from the couch. "So, where am I sleeping?" my Pumpkin asked.

"We didn't know the arrangement so Blake, we put you in your room, and Lexi in the red one for the guest, two doors over," my grandmother replied.

Everyone in the family had a room. It was a big house. And there were a few more extra rooms when there was more company too.

I kinda wanted to pout though. I was so used to sleeping with my Pumpkin. The bed would feel empty without her.

After telling everyone goodnight, we headed hand in hand to our rooms, I left my girlfriend in front of her door, kissing her goodnight, pouting.

I dragged my feet to my own room.

My grandparents were not the kind of people who renovated a room once someone had moved out.

They kept everything the way it was.

So, it was always strange, coming back to this room.

This room had been mine for longer than the one at home had.

There was a nice familiarity, with getting ready for bed between these walls.

Yes, there were a lot of sad memories. But they also were good ones. I wanted to stop seeing these memories as something sad. They were happy. I was just sad thinking about them.

I got in bed, and took my book. I was pretty sure I would have a hard time falling asleep. It had been an eventful day, and I still felt restless.

So I tried reading.

Not too long after that though, I heard familiar footsteps in the hallway.

I didn't even need to look up from my book when my door creaked opened. "Naughty Lexi, already sneaking into my bed," I said softly, with a grin.

"Technically, I'm not in your bed," Lexi sadly pointed out.

What a shame. Something that would be soon corrected, I hoped.

I wasn't planning on doing any fornication. But I kinda wanted to hold her. I was... well feeling sad, honestly.

About my brother. And I was pretty sure I needed to talk about it with my Pumpkin.

"But you will be soon," I replied, setting my book down, and started to laugh like a villain in a cartoon.

Lexi was across the room in a flash, covering my mouth with her hand. "Will you shut up?" she hissed at me.

I easily took her hand off, and smirked at her, "what are you freaking out for now?"

"I don't want your grandparents to be mad because I was in your room," she replied, in a hurried, hushed tone, "Look, I just want a shirt or a hoodie and I'm on my way."

I had no shirts of hoodie to spare for my Pumpkin. She already had enough.

"No, you're not."

"I am!"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Please. Anyway, my grandparents don't mind you being in my room."

"Are you sure?" she pressed, clearly not believing me.

Well, we would have to find out now, wouldn't we?

I got out of my bed.

Lexi looked absolutely confused. "What are you doing?"