Chapter 52

Chapter 52

My life was truly surprising. One day I was being overly dramatic claiming Lexi Grayson would never love me, and then on another day I had my head between her legs in the shower.

I'd never done this specifically with anyone else before, but I wasn't a complete idiot either. I understood basic biology.

Also, when my girlfriend was becoming quite unhinged, I could assume I wasn't doing anything wrong. Anything that elicited a vocal response got repeated.

I probably took a little too much pleasure in having my Pumpkin moan my name.

I was on a high.

And even after we were both out of the shower, I still couldn't stop grinning.

While brushing my teeth, I looked at myself in the mirror and almost burst out laughing while thinking about one thing I did right.

"What's so funny?" Lexi asked, while drying her hair with her towel.

"It's just... Doctor Boseman told me to think about something I was proud of myself for, or that I did right anytime I brushed my teeth and looked at myself in the mirror. And I was just thinking about something I just did right," I told her, grinning around my toothbrush.

My Pumpkin grinned back, taking a step closer. "No arguing with you here. Do you want to try again? To make sure you really know what you're doing?"

"Naughty Pumpkin," I booped her nose and she scrunched it, smiling at me, before pressing a quick kiss to my cheek before heading to bed.

I joined her shortly after, cuddling under the sheets.

"You know, your bed is clearly more comfortable than mine," Lexi said, when the lights were off, and my arms were wrapped around her. "Maybe we need to stop sleeping over at my place, and just always come here."

The way she said it, I burst into laughter. "Come here, sure, sure."

"Don't you appreciate my humour?"

"I think I've created a monster."

"You did. So now you need to deal with it," Lexi said, raising herself and pressed her lips against mine, getting on top of me.

Her hands were in my hair, lips on my skin, ass moving just at the right spot, as she trailed kissed down my neck.

Moved just enough to drive me wild.

Fire, fire, fire.

I was kind of gasping for air already, and she was barely doing anything.

I was really a lost cause.

Everything so far between us had been too much, too much, and yet not enough. It wasn't the first time I was feeling like this. Like there was no way I could ever truly show Lexi how much I loved her. Like there were no words I could say. Like this couldn't even dim the need I felt for her. I would never have enough.

I felt unhinged. In a good way. In a bad way. In a way I could barely recognize myself.

Lexi suddenly stopped kissing me, and looked up, saying in a low voice. "Don't worry, I just wanna kiss you chest, nothing more."

"You say that like anything you do doesn't completely unravel me," I let out in a shaky breath.

I could see her grin in the dark, before pressing a kiss on my chest, right over my heart.

"I love you Blake Eaton. Just because you're you. I don't care about what happened before. I just care that you're mine now, and that I'm yours. I love you, and I trust you and I'll wait for you."