Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I realized when I woke up the next morning how utterly different my life was from just a few weeks ago.

Because a few weeks ago, when I had woken up in a tent at the Creek with Lexi Grayson cuddled in my arms I had been freaking out.

I was still freaking out now, but for completely different reasons.

I wasn't scared of getting caught and feeling the wrath of my Pumpkin.

I was freaking out because having my girlfriend in my arms like this could get me in a very different kind of trouble.

Lexi stirred, making sounds like she was about to wake up, wrapping her arms more tightly around me.

"Good morning," I whispered while she just mumbled an incoherent response, making me slightly chuckle.

We stayed silent, just hugging each other for a few minutes, until Lexi finally asked, "what time is it?"

"I have absolutely no clue," I whispered back, pressing my cheek on top of her head.

"Should we get up?" she whined. I smiled.

"I haven't heard anyone moving around yet, so it must be still pretty early."

"Ugh, alright then," she mumbled, and nuzzled my neck, "Let's just sleep more. They can wake us up when it's time to leave."

"What? No breakfast?" I teased her, kissing the top of her head.

Lexi did not even reply to that, which was impressive. She was not a morning person though, so it made sense. Unbelievably, sleep was more important than food at the moment for her.

"Hey, Pumpkin?" I said softly.

"Hmm?"

"I really really love you."

"Loveyoutoo," she replied a little unintelligibly

"And I know I'm very lucky to have you as my girlfriend, and I'm sorry for all the bad things I did or said, and I just want you to be happy all the time and—"

Lexi shut me up, pressing a finger to my lips. "Shhhhhh. Let your Pumpkin sleep."

I snorted. "Okay, I'll let you sleep."

"Shhhhhhh," she repeated, covering my whole mouth with her hand now.

I laughed silently, and took her hand off, holding it in mine, pressing it against my chest.

I let her go back to sleep, holding her in my arms tightly.

More often than not, I was still in disbelief that Lexi Grayson was finally my girlfriend. I didn't think I still had fully registered it. Everything had been happening so fast lately. In just a few months, my life had completely changed.

For the most part, I was acclimated with these changes now, and it was mostly fine, but also, at the same time, it was still quite unbelievable to me.

The last thing I wanted was to take for granted the fact that I was dating my Pumpkin. She seemed to be taken for granted so many times by the people around her. I didn't want to do that to her, ever.

I stroked her hair while she slept soundlessly in my arms.

My mind wandered. With her in my arms, close like this, I was thinking about the other morning again.