Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Who are you going to make the godfather, when you two have a kid," I asked my best friend, grinning while looking at him, while he was still staring at the door where Daphnee had just walked out.

He scoffed, like he was offended. "I'm not having a kid with her. I'm not even gonna be seeing her again."

I nodded, "Uh huh, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, sure, sure."

Josh glared at my condescending tone. It made me laugh.

"He says that now and next week he starts listening to the Beatles," Fred said, dropping food for Josh in front of him, before sitting down with us.

There were no customers right now, and he'd be able to see anyone before coming in.

"And he genuinely ENJOYS it," I added.

Josh gagged before taking a bite from his burger. "How can you say something so horrifying?"

"I really don't get how he can hate the Beatles so much? Like, I understand they're not your favourite band, but to hate everything they've ever put out? There must be one song you find decent," Fred said, looking at me.

Josh sighed, exasperated, slapping his hands on the table. "They're not special, none of their songs are special, but people are trying to convince everyone they are. They're a boyband for godsakes, not fucking Mozart. Their songs are two minutes long, and fucking repetitive. They're not special. They're an ugly ass Gucci purse, but just because it's Gucci everyone has convincing themselves the purse is cute. The purse is a fucking trainwreck, okay?"

I snorted, looking back at Fred and ignoring Josh and his tantrum. "Honestly, how can someone hate the Beatles so much? It's... fucking weird."

"Yeah, did you listen to a Beatles song when something tragic happened to you?" Fred asked him.

Josh kinda just stared at him for a sec. I though he was trying to come up with an epic comeback, but then he just said, "Rolling Stones. Rolling Stones forever."

Wait? Was Fred on to something? Josh had never told me about anything about that, but he'd also been keeping secrets from me about Jayden, so maybe there was a lot more he was keeping from me.

It was so strange, the one person that was like an open book, sometimes a little too open, about traumatising things I absolutely did not need to know, was... probably the person keeping the most from me.

"They're not mutually exclusive, you know? You can love both," I pointed out.

Josh shook his head, before eating a fry. "No, I love one and hate the other."

Fred smirked. "How sad. Josh will now hate the Rolling Stones because he's gotta love the Beatles if he wants to play doctor with Daphnee again."

"I shall never forsake the Rolling Stones," Josh announced ceremoniously.

"So, what do you have to do then, to get your clothes back? Because Daphnee said you knew what you had to do," I asked.

"Call the cops is what I will do," Josh mumbled, annoyed as he ate more food, "That's theft and that's illegal."

It was kind of hilarious to me somehow.

"Should we call MTV or some other station and tell them we got excellent candidates for a new reality show?" I asked Fred.

"Ah, yes, and then him and Snooki can do ads together," Fred replied.

Josh was not amused. He started to look around like he was looking for someone. "Where's Tyler? Shouldn't he be here? That way he can be on my side and this can be a fair fight"