That's disgusting

Start from the beginning

"Oh right!" I looked at Jake, "I'm sorry. I have to go with Scarlett because I'm driving her and I think it would be unfair to her to be the third wheel." I smiled at him.

"Completely understandable." He threw his hands up, "I get it. I am gonna get to class! Great game last night."

"Thank you." I watched him walk away then turned to Scarlett, "Thank you."

"Oh please!" She pulled us into the locker room, "Lord knows you didn't like him."

"What if I did?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

She stopped walking and looked at me, "Then you wouldn't have thanked me."

"No, that's not what I mean." I grabbed her arm to stop her from walking away. We're in the dark part of the hallway. The light's been busted right here since my freshman year. And we're already late to class, I doubt anyone is in here at all. "What if I wanted to go out with him then you came over and did that."

"It was just girl code, Natalie. Your face said it all." She pulled away from me.

"Maybe it is just girl code." I took a step towards her, "Maybe I'm overthinking everything from the past 3 weeks." I backed her into the wall, "Or maybe there's something you'd like for me to know."

She looked at me, "Maybe." She shrugged.

I looked at her, memorizing every inch of her face because this is as close as I'll ever be.

Her skin is perfect. Her eyes are bluer up close. Her lips...

"Natalie-" Sydney's voice echoed through the locker room.

I looked into Scarlett's eyes one last time before walking away.

"I'm here." I looked away and put my stuff on the bench, immediately going into the weight room.

________

"Are you going to Ricky's party?" Yoda grabbed the blankets out of the trunk of his Geo Tracker and looked at me, "It's supposed to be really huge."

"I want to go." I nodded, glancing at Sydney.

She was giving me her disapproving mom look.

Because I had some substance abuse problems.

Past tense.

Mrs. Wyatt really helped me out.

And she didn't judge.

But I'm not like that anymore. "I'm fine, Syd. It's one party."

Yoda looked at her, "It's not like you won't be there."

She glared at him. "Maybe I won't go."

I looked at her and smiled, "You're going."

She rolled her eyes, "Duh."

We showed Mr. Andrews our activity pass and went into the gates.

The theme this evening is White out. Hence why we're wearing all white.

"Gnarly eye." Someone wearing blue pointed to my face. He's cheering for New Albany but he's on the WestHampton side of the field.

I nodded, "Hockey."

"Sick. What position?"

"Center. Captain."

"Oh shit okay." He nodded, "Top 3?"

"Blackhawks, Rangers, and Blues. Yours?"

"Flyers, Penguins, and Rangers."

"I babysat for Jed Ortmeyer a few times when I was a Sophomore."