Twenty Three

Seulgi's POV

"Ugh," said Xiumin. "Just because Hope said that, doesn't mean he's going to really do it. How can she lock us up?"

Irene put us undercover—as clubbers. But the only ones in that club were us—and a few other Japanese FBI standing outside.

"I have an idea," said Jungkook. "Let's just get outta here. If we prove to Irene that we're brave, she'll probably let us go."

And so, we sneaked out. We ran towards the FBI facility. Irene almost gave us a neck slice.

"What," said Irene, "are you guys doing here? I told you to stay undercover there!"

"Yeah right," I said. "Let me ask you something, why did you lock us up when J-Hope is dead?"

"Seulgi," Yeri whispered. "What are you saying? Clearly J-Hope hasn't been caught."

"No," I said. "J-Hope is dead. First of all, I heard the guards outside asking the same question. And the file you're holding? It's about Hoe's—I mean Hope's death."

"As expected," said Irene, "from my cousin. Okay, fine. Hope's dead. Joy killed her. And this was just a test. And the only one who passed is Seulgi. The others? Failed on your first test."

"How shocking," I said. "How can we know for sure that you're not lying? That you're not actually a spy?"

"Because I ordered this mission," said V. "Yes, you heard me. I just discovered that my dad was the former FBI chief. Even Kai doesn't know about this."

I just knew that V's dad was the former chief, but he doesn't know a thing about the FBI.

"Seulgi," said Irene. "Since you got that test right, I promote you to the chief's secretary."

I gave them all—including V—a tour around the facility. Jungkook and Yeri kept laughing, so I thought they'd make a good couple.

"Okay," I said. "Since you guys want to become an agent, let's learn the basics. Guns."

I face palmed myself after seeing Xiumin fall when he picked up an AK47. V seemed fine, Jungkook got it right thanks to Yeri.

V kept missing the target, so I helped him from the back. The impact of the gun was so strong that V fell on top of me.

"Aish," said Yeri. "Not here too, Seulgi. Are you kidding me? I'll shoot your butts if you guys don't get up."

We sat in a circle afterwards. We ordered beer and chicken, but none of us drank the beer since there was a real undercover that night. We were to bust a drug dealing.

"Oh," I said. "Forgot to ask you. What happened to Jin? Is he dead? No offense, though, but I think he only liked your fair skin."

"He's alive," said Irene. "And since he's unfortunately still underage, he's only in a special FBI juvenile. He'll be released this week."

We were going to a club again for undercover. And when we were in there, I didn't waste my time.

I danced like crazy.

Then, someone grabbed my waist. A drunk guy did. I pushed him, but he won't budge.

Yeri came in from the back and kicked the guy. Then, the guy pushed Yeri to the ground.

Another guy took an empty wine glass and threw it on Yeri's face. The glass shattered and Yeri fainted.

I was in rage, so I pushed that person to the wall and punched him. Then, there was a gunshot.

One of the drug dealers pulled the trigger. He shot the ceiling. Our cover wasn't blown yet.

"Hey," said the drug dealer. "Why the heck are you guys messing around in my bar? Now that I've got your attention, hand in all of your belongings. Never mind that, my underlings will have a body check."

We were in big trouble. There was only me, Irene, Yeri and Kai. Jimin was nowhere to be seen.

It was my turn. A female thug made me take out my purse. Then, she searched my body and found a gun and my FBI badge.

"Huh," said the drug dealer. "An FBI? No way you're alone. I'm sure I'll find them after this."

And they did. Jimin came out of the toilet and was shocked. They knew immediately Jimin was an FBI thanks to Yeri's voice.

We were hostages.

To be continued