Eighteen

Jungkook's POV

The FBI wanted to shoot Joy, but she teleported away. Yeri was carried inside the ambulance, Seulgi and I entered.

Seulgi kept crying. I couldn't help but feel sorry for nothing. I wanted to blame myself, but I just couldn't.

After surgery, the doctor confirmed that Yeri went into coma. The bullet hit her neck, which was already fatal, then Joy threw her on the ground, resulting the brain malfunctioning.

"Jungkook," said Seulgi, still crying. "I am out of money. I can't pay this anymore. Please, help me."

"No worries," said Krystal. "Why am I in this story if I'm not your cash cow? I'm paying."

Seulgi ran and hugged Krystal. I wanted to grief over what happened, but I remembered one important thing.

There was still a mole in the FBI.

"Spaghetti," I said. "I have work to do. And V's bro, come on. Help me or I'll accuse you as the mole. And Krystal.. you just stay with Seulgi."

"Dude," said Kai. "Like, I don't even know what to say. Krys told me that you still love Seulgi, why not do your best instead of just waiting for her to come to you?"

"Wow," I said. "Hearing that from a serious FBI agent is weird. But, what do you know about love? Why should I listen to you? Why are you so sure about Seulgi?"

"Because," said Kai, "I'm in love. I know what love is. And.. Seulgi used to like me. I regret breaking her heart, but there was nothing I could do. And.. I'm helping her. I want to find someone who can mend Seulgi's heart. I thought it was my brother, but V just acted like a jerk and left Seulgi alone even when he knows that Seulgi just needs some time."

"Kai," I said. "V didn't actually leave Seulgi. After the breakup, he met me. We hung out a bit when he started crying. He's currently regretting every single thing—good or bad—that he has ever done in his life. He kept hitting his chest, shout and blaming himself. He also said that he can't live without Seulgi. As a guy who likes Seulgi, I can't help but feel sorry."

After our long talk, there was a bit of an awkward silence. We heard someone talk and his voice echoed through the corridor.

"No," said the familiar voice. "Can't you see? You've already got what you want. I gave you Kai and Krystal's DNA, so stop calling me. Our deal is over, Park Joy."

It was Jin's voice.

We found the mole, but the police called Kai. It was about V, so I followed.

When we arrived at the station, V was sitting on a chair, cuffed. According to the police, he caused some trouble by shouting at Han River and throwing everyone he sees in it.

The police let V go once he recognized Kai. Boy, I wished I could be an FBI one day.

"V," said Kai with a stern voice. "I don't know what's gotten into you, but if it's about love, then stop. You're not the one who can mend Seulgi's broken heart. You only broke it into more pieces with what you did. Yeri is now suffering. She's in coma and Seulgi's already dead inside. Can't you atleast stop making her worry? No, this won't do. You'll have to go to counseling—with Seulgi."

"But," I said, "Kai, both of them are stressed. And if a stressed person counsel another stressed person, it'll become a world full of stress!"

"What the heck are you saying, Jeon Jungkook?" Kai said. "This way, both of them can release their anger because they understand each other at the moment."

When we arrived at the hospital again, I was expecting a big, warm hug from Seulgi, but something else happened.

Jin was kneeling in front of Irene, Krystal and Seulgi.

To be continued