Ryan: "Your cuisine is a delight every time. Thank you for this out of the ordinary moment, chef."

The chef Garbot: "Thank you, Mr. Carter. I always try to mix new savors and then share them with my clients. New York is very inspiring for me."

He gives us a beautiful smile, bowing slightly.

The chef Garbot: "Well, thank you. Have a nice late evening."

Lexi: "Thank you!"

The chef disappears into the kitchen after having been to see some clients at the other tables.

I stay rooted to the spot, my eyes fixed on him.

Ryan: "Is everything ok?"

Lexi: "I... I think I need to sit down."

Ryan looks at me tenderly.

Ryan: "Want some water?"

Lexi: "Yes, thanks..."

While he serves me, I put things back in place in my mind.

Lexi: "Did you ask the chef to come over for me?"

Ryan: "I put a word in..."

Lexi: "You should never have told him about my blog, it's really... it's too much... I mean it's of little importance to him, I feel ridiculous..."

Ryan's look hardens.

Ryan: "Firstly, never think that someone is superior to you. And secondly, never say the word ridiculous when you're talking about yourself."

I stare at him, a little surprised. He's not joking at all. It isn't the first time that I notice how much he hates it when I put myself down.

Lexi: "You say that... But apart from making fun of me the other time, you didn't really look at my blog..."

Ryan: "I went back to look at it after you left... I would never have said that to the chef just to flatter you, I said it because I really thought so."

My heart wraps in a strange sweetness.

It wouldn't take much more for me to fall in love with this man... He's the first person for whom I feel I really matter like I'm special.

Ryan: "I even have some tips on how you could improve your metrics and KPI."

Lexi: "My what?"

He smiles, puts his hand on mine and murmurs in a soft voice.

Ryan: "We'll talk about that another day. For the moment I just want to make the most of you..."

Fire!! I'm on fire! It's all too much for my little heart in one evening!

-

As we get to Ryan's apartment, my heart is knocking like crazy in my chest.

Is it the expectation, the excitement of this exceptional evening...?

I can't say, but Ryan hasn't yet laid his hands on me, that I'm already ready for him to sink into me.

Ryan: "Make yourself comfortable, you want to drink something?"

Lexi: "Yes please."

Instead of sitting, I sneak up to the huge picture window to admire the city.

Why is everything that has anything to do with Ryan always have this little something exceptional, unique?

Ryan: "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I start as he passes by me and puts a hand around my waist, pressing me up against his side.