Chapter 9

⭐"Say it before you run out of time. Say it before it's too late. Say what you're feeling. Waiting is a mistake."⭐
__

We all stand to leave the chamber. The journalist warmly shakes our hands whilst the cameraman puts his equipment away.

???: "Hey!!"

A feminine and cheerful voice interrupts us.

???: "What are you doing here?"

The young woman, a beautiful red-head with perfect curves, throws herself into Carter's arms.

He gladly lets her embrace him and smiles at her tenderly.

Who is she? Why doesn't she snog him while she's at it?

Mister Carter: "You see that camera? You can use it to give interviews."

???: "Have you finished?"

Mister Carter: "Almost."

???: "So I have to bump into you to see you? Couldn't you have told me you were giving an interview here?"

Carter rolls his eyes but he seems more amused than annoyed.

???: "You really are exasperating! Come on, come and have a drink!"

The young woman practically pulls him by the arm! Honestly, who does she think she is?!

Well... I think I'm gonna leave them both to it... They seem to know each other well and I'm obviously one too many...

My little conscience is telling me: "You're jealous, Lexi!"

Carter motions to the girl to wait and turns towards me. She settles herself at a table and signals to the owner.

Mister Carter: "Thank you for coming, Miss Mitchell. Thank you for your involvement."

Lexi: "Thank you, it was very interesting!"

Mister Carter: "My chauffeur will drive you home. Have a rest and be at the office for 10 o'clock tomorrow morning."

I feel disappointed to be leaving so soon... I would have liked to stay and have a drink with him myself...

Lexi: "Don't bother him, I'll take a taxi!"

Mister Carter: "Stewart has already been instructed to take you home, let's not disappoint him. He doesn't like to be let down."

He accompanies his smile with an irresistible wink of an eye.

Jeez Lexi! Get a grip!

Especially since it's not with you that he's having a drink but with that redhead and her diabolically perfect curves, a girl that is nothing like me.

I have to face the facts: rich handsome guys interested in girls like me, that stuff only happens in movies!

I nod politely and leave to join Stewart outside.

As planned, the chauffeur is patiently waiting for me by the car, casually leaning against it. His eyes meet with mine.

I hadn't noticed earlier but he has a scar on his left cheek.

As I walk towards him he smiles at me and opens the door.

I take a quick look around, making sure nobody's watching. A Limousine with chauffeur is a little immodest!

Lexi: "Thank you, Stewart."

I step into the Limousine sighing. My heart is still.

I take one last look at the bar, through the window. I wonder who that girl is...