61 "You can be so gentle."

Lilith's point of view
"Tom? Tom!"

I shake his shoulders, in hope he looks up to me. And he does.
"Lilith.."

"Shh, I'll take care of you." I say and pull him up.

"You're insane!" I scream at Byron and unlock my car. "I thought he's not important to you?"

I ignore him and put Tom gently on the passenger's seat. Closing the door and I walk around the car to get in the drivers seat. But I stop before I get in.

"I don't care, if you hurt me. Alright? Shoot me, beat me, stab me. I don't care. But leave my family out of it."

"Noted." He smiles.

"And I thought I was insane." I mumble and get in my car.

"Did you mean it?" Tom asks as I start the engine. "What?"
"Did you meant it? What you said earlier.."

"Of course not, Tom. I told you, it's protection."

Slowly tears started to flow into my eyes. But I wiped them away.

"Am I gonna die?" Tom mumbles.

"Not under my watch." I say as I race down the empty streets of Los Angeles. I drove the ten minute way in three minutes. We speed all the time, but it's an emergency, double speed.

I turn the engine out and get out of the car. After I got Tom out I went inside of my house with him and straight into my bedroom.
I put him in my bed and ran down the hallway to the first aid kit. Ripped it off the wall and went back to Tom.

"I'll lift your shirt alright." I mumble and kneel beside my bed. "Nothing you didn't saw already." He smiles.

"They stabbed you?" I ask him as I examined the wound. He nods. "Thank god." I mumble and put wound disinfectant on his stab wound. He groans as I do so. "I'm sorry." I say and put a sterilized compress on the wound. Over that a band aid.

"You're all set." I kiss the band aid and stand up.
"Rest, Tom. It's gonna be okay." I sigh.

"You can be so gentle." He mumbles. "That's why I love you." He adds as he closes his eyes.

What?

"Excuse me?" I say quietly, but he's already asleep.
Blood loss can be tiring.

I kiss his forehead and quietly walk downstairs.