59 "If your lying..."

Lilith's point of view
We arrived at the tracks and the second I got out of my car, Koby walks straight up to me.

"Lilith! Thank god you're here!"

"You say that every time..." I sigh and roll my eyes. "It's true every time."

"Who's racing?" Sam asks as she joins the 'conversation'. 
"Byron."

My heart stops beating for a second.

"He demanded to race against Lilith." Koby adds.

"It won't be happening." Logan says firmly, he joined after Sam did. "Lilith his goal in life is to kill you!"

People are now listening and Byron appears in front of me suddenly.

"It's not my goal in life," he says and put his hand on his chest dramatically. "It's what's gonna happen." He says and gives me a death stare.

"Your magic won't work on me, Byron. You know that." I say and roll my eyes.

"Lilith! You can't possibly race against him!"

"She will," Byron interrupts Sam.

"And why is that?" I ask curiously.

"I'm glad you asked, babygirl." Byron points to his left and I see Tom. At first, I didn't get why Byron pointed to him.

Until, one of Byron's gang members came up behind him and hold a small knife against Tom's throat.

"He's your weakness, isn't he? Hm? Lilith.." Byron says and draws his finger down from my eyebrow to my chin. I slap his hand away.

"You don't have an idea what my weaknesses are."

"So it's not him?"

I look back at Tom. With an apologetic look in my eyes.

"No," I turn back at Byron, "He's not important to me."

It's a lie, of course it's a lie.

And I hope he knows it.

"Well," Byron makes a hand gesture and the knife on Tom's throat is gone. A wave of relief flows through me.

"Don't be happy just now." Byron says. With the devil in his eyes. "If you want to see your friends again." He points the the empty spots where Sam and Logan stood. "Or your 'not important' lover boy." He says and point to where Tom was standing.
"You gotta race."

People tried to talk me out of it. Everyone that's standing around me said, that I shouldn't do it.

Luckily I never do what I'm told.

"I'll do it."

"Good."

"If your lying..." I mumble and imitate scissors. "I'll cut your dick off."

For a second, fear appears on Byron's face. It didn't last long, but it was long enough for me.