Chapter 20

RECAP:

After singing the last line, Victoria smirked as Caroline noticed the cape did fit her body. However, what Caroline failed to notice was the shocked looks around her and the seething Elena beside her.

*SMACK*

Everyone gasped in shock and Caroline looked at Elena with horror as the doppelganger had just slapped her friend across the face.

________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone who was in the room was shocked as they had just witnessed Elena Goody two shoes Gilbert slap her best friend and the sheriff's daughter Caroline Forbes. Seeing such a thing Elizabeth Forbes, the young vampire's mother became enraged as she walked up to the young brunette and raised her hand as she struck the girl across her face causing her to fall to the ground upon impact. Tears fell from Elena's eyes as she looked at Sheriff Forbes in shock.

"Liz?" Damon called out to his friend in shock.

"How dare you hit my daughter. Elena, I don't know where you got the idea that my daughter is a piece of gum beneath your shoes or something but I am finally putting my foot down. If I  ever see or hear that you've my daughter in any way much less cause her pain you'll which you died the same night as your parents," threatened Liz as she walked away with her daughter and caressed the girl's head as she continuously asked her daughter if she was okay. 

Elena still holding her cheek and shedding crocodile tears, looked around the room at everyone but they only looked at her in disgust before Douglas called Carol who told everyone the party was over. She thanked them all for attending the competition and Victoria spoke a few words before they all left while gossiping about Elena's disgusting behavior. 

After everyone left, Elena got up and ran towards Victoria ready to attack her shouting that this all was set up by Victoria to embarrass her but she only received a sidekick to the face from Victoria whose shoe heel cut the doppelganger's cheek.

 The vampire brothers were ready to attack only to receive aneurysms and their necks snapped by Noel. Noel then grabbed the duo and the doppelganger dragging them out of the house and dumping them on the street. 

The McKenzie parents decide to go on a trip as per the request of their daughter who notified them that the time for Klaus' ritual was close and since Noel informed her of the soon-to-be hybrid male's presence at the party.

Victoria didn't want anything to happen to her parents which is why she told them to leave the town as she planned to take care of. The couple knew their daughter only wanted the best for them as she had told them all about what would happen in Mystic Falls and so they happily accepted the all-expense trip. 

Meanwhile, Klaus who was in Alaric's body had called his witch Maddox to bring his body to Mystic Falls. After getting off the call the male turned to the captured Katerina Petrova now known as Katherine Pierce.

"Who is this Victoria McKenzie?" he asked as he suddenly remembered the handsome man that backed him into the wall earlier.

"Sadly since I've been out of the loop, I don't know who she is however if you've noticed every supernatural being has a mark on their arm that identifies their species and I suspect it has something to do with her," said Katherine.

Klaus could only sigh in disappointment when suddenly Maddox entered the apartment with the coffin as he displayed his mark on his wrist.

"Do you know what these marks mean?" he asked Klaus.