Chapter 6

Previously:

What about my daughter?"

"What about my daughter?"

"Would someone please tell me what happened to my daughter," he broke down and cried as no one would answer his question.

"Mr McKenzie I am detective Charles Swan I am sorry to inform you but your daughter has passed away."
________________________________

MEMORIES PART 2

~THIRD PERSON POV ~

"What do you mean my daughter passed away?" Douglas asked.

"When my men and I arrived at the scene your daughter was bleeding out on the bumper of the car with an iron pole sticking out of her stomach. She died on the spot however your wife was found a few feet away from her bleeding out as well but her pulse was faint thus she was rushed to the hospital," explained detective Swan.

It was like something broke inside Douglas as he fell to the ground in shock with his hand infront of him as the dam broke releasing a flood of tears down on the male's face. He couldn't believe that he lost his one and only daughter. Then it came back to him that his wife is  surgery.

"Don't worry Mr McKenzie we'll catch the person or persons who did this," said Detective Swan.

"Thank you detective," he replied.

"Family of Irene McKenzie," called a nurse.

"I'm her husband," rushed out Douglas as he ran up to the nurse.

"Oh Mr McKenzie the doctor is doing his final check up on your wife as the surgery was a success. Although she's still unconscious she's out of danger," reported the nurse.

" Can I see her?" Douglas asked.

"Sure third floor room 76," she answered.

Not wasting anymore time Douglas dashed towards the third floor and then to room seventy six where his beloved wife was. He arrived to see his unconscious wife lying down in the bed with her head,neck and arms covered up in bandages and a cast on her leg..

"How is my wife doctor?"

"Well Mr McKenzie first I would like to say my condolences I heard about your daughter," he started but was interrupted by Douglas saying thank you as he tried to hold back his tears.

"Your wife sustained a lot of injuries as she had three broken ribs, her arms only sustained a few scrapes, as well as her head, a broken leg and very peculiar bite mark on her neck," answered the doctor as he looked at the brunette's medical sheet.

"Oh my gosh I am also sorry to inform you but the fetus couldn't be saved," the shocked doctor added as he read on the sheet that the woman was three weeks pregnant.

"F-f-fetus," Douglas stuttered.

"Yes Mr McKenzie it says here that your wife was three weeks pregnant however due to the extent of her injuries the fetus died," said the doctor as she felt bad for the couple.

Douglas couldn't believe it as he approached his unconscious wife and kiss her exposed forehead as a tear fell from his eye and unto her cheek. He knew that when she woke up he had to tell her about not only the death of their daughter but also their unborn child which he knew was going to break her heart. He grabbed a chair and sat down and held her hand after giving it a kiss as the doctor left giving him privacy.

"My love I failed as a father and a husband, I couldn't protect you, our daughter and our unborn child. I don't know what we did to deserve this happening to us but atleast I'm happy that your alive and will get better. You remember on our wedding night we discussed our future together where I joked that I wouldn't mind my own football team of children with you and you laughed before pushing me saying you'll only carry three and I should carry the rest and so when we found out your pregnant and your belly grew I wanted to share you pain and experience everything with you so you taped a watermelon on my stomach, that was one of the best days of my life," said Douglas through tears as he talked to his unconscious wife.

"I even remember when our little Abigail was born and in the delivery room when the doctor said you should push as I allowed you to squeeze my hand as my heart broke knowing you were in pain, you cursed me out for the first time and if I remember you said 'Dougie I hope you know if your big head child don't kill me I'll kill you' ," he retold.

"I remember how I tried to get our little Abby to say dada first but you'd hit me saying no and at that moment her first word was mama which brought tears to your face as you made your special strawberry Oreo cheese cake for us. I love you Irene Arabella McKenzie with all my heart  so please wake up," he cried as he once again kissed his wife's hand only to feel her fingers twitch.

"Mhmm Douglas," moaned out Irene as she tried to open her eyes.

"Hey love," Douglas greeted.

"Mhmmm what happened? Where's Abby?" she asked.

"I am sorry honey but you guys ended up in an accident Abby didn't make it," he revealed as tears fell from his eye. Hearing that her daughter died caused Irene to break down as she hugged her husband.

A week after Irene was released from the hospital as Douglas carried her. The trauma his wife faced took a toll on her and it broke his heart to know that the reason they were on the road that night was to visit him at work and tell about her being pregnant as they had come from a check up. The police questioned Irene about her attackers and she revealed what she saw that night but they all though she was stressed and didn't believe that vampires attacked her and killed her daughter.

Things weren't the same as their family thought Irene was crazy and making up stories. They called her hurtful things infront and behind her back. It reached to the point where they called her a bad mother for killing poor Abby and the unborn child and cursed at her saying they hoped she didn't have kids in the future.

Douglas didn't like how the family was treating Irene and he believed his wife as he knew she wouldn't make up something like that so he cut off his family financially and moved away with the love of his wife while cutting off contact with the people he once called family.

Months later they were recruited by an underground agency that made it their mission to take down bad vampires. They were trained and eventually they went on their first mission and killed the vampires they were tasked to kill which happened to be the duo who killed their daughter and oh how happy Irene was as she bleed out the female vampire and tortured her making her watch her lover die by her husband's hand.

Now we are back to where we started, it been a year since Abby's death where the McKenzie couple received life changing news. Irene sat down on her bed holding a positive pregnancy test.

"I'm pregnant," she said looking at the test in shock.