Chapter 7

MEMORIES PART 3

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Irene wasn't sure if she was ready to be a mother once again but she knew wouldn't kill her baby. She went downstairs where her husband was as he decided to make dinner to cheer up his beautiful wife.

"Doug," she called out.

"Yes hunny," replied as he turned around showing off his kiss the cook apron. She walked up to him and gave him a kiss before handing him the pregnancy test. Seeing that his wife placed something on the table, Douglas turned down the heat under the pot and looked at what his wife wanted him to see.

Douglas looked wide eyed at the positive pregnancy test before taking it into his hand to check if he was really seeing two lines instead of one. When he saw that he wasn't mistaken and that it was two lines he ran to his wife in excitement and said, "Irene I'm pregnant."

This caused the once sad Irene to laugh at her silly husband as she replied, "I think you mean I'm the one that's pregnant."

"Fine we're pregnant," he rejoiced as he lifted the brunette into the air and twirled her around in excitement. He kissed her lips then her stomach and asked, "Are you ready to be a parent again?"

"Not really but I'll give our bundle of joy all my love and protect her," she replied as she hugged her husband who kissed the side of her head only to be interrupted by the alarm going off alerting them that the food was burning. They couldn't eat the burnt food so Douglas decided to bring his lovely wife out to celebrate.

During the course of nine months they had quit their job as vampire hunters since they decided to spend the time with their child and since the organization was small and no one knew each other's identity they were allowed to quit and live a peaceful life.

Irene suffered severe morning sickness but with the aid of her loving husband by their side she was able to get through the pregnancy safely and so on August 20 she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl by the name of Victoria Elizabeth McKenzie.

They not only protected baby Victoria but also raises her in a humble home. As baby Victoria grew she started to display abilities such as talking to animals and even going as far as to invite the little forest critters into their home during the winter. Once she even froze her father's feet to the ground and almost catching the house on fire.

At the age of six they tried to feed her vervain when they discovered she had an allergic reaction to it. So while she can wear jewelry filled with it, she cannot eat or drink it as it will cause a rash to spread across her body. As the teen got older she developed the talent for singing and dancing and decided that she wanted to be a singer. She studied hard to make her parents proud while trying to follow the path towards her dream career.

Every year, the family trio would travel back to Chicago where they once lived to visit their older daughter Abigail's grave. It was when Abigail was of eight did Victoria first visit her sister's grave. Her parents didn't want her to be seen by anyone they once knew but sadly luck wasn't in their favour as that year they came face to face with Douglas's parents and sister.

"What right do you have to visit my grandbaby's grave," shouted Douglas's mother Sarah.

"Incase you forgot I'm her mother, I was the one who carried her in my womb and had to watch her die," replied Irene as she tears fell from her eye.

"Mommy why are you crying," Victoria asked.

"Who is this that?" Jessie Douglas's sister asked

"None of your business," said Douglas as they left the couple.

Sadly the family wouldn't take a hint and figured out that young Victoria was Douglas and Irene's daughter. They created a fuss that they had a grandchild they never knew existed  and was hurt that the couple excluded them out of the child's life.

They even went as far as to call police on the couple on the claims of abuse . When that didn't work they tried to carry them to court saying Irene wasn't a fit mother as she had killed her previous child and created a false story about vampires . However, they still couldn't get the child and so the couple left before the family could make another outrageous claim.

Overall young Victoria grew up in an amazing family filled with love as she got ready for the next chapter of her life, teenage years.