Chapter 22 - Love story

Start from the beginning

Alex took a deep breath - satisfied with his own whole story. His knowledge about this all, and sighed afterwards.

'Harness played in a play, impersonating a lady - since the school was only for boys, and they had women parts in the play after all. Harness played the woman, the wife from Byron who played in it as well.'

He slowly came towards Nigel and exhaled against his jaw now.

'They wrote each other letters, love letters which they found after a long time. That's how I know. Harness died of tuberculosis - and some say... that his spirit is still wandering in the Harrow boarding school on the hill, since he wants Byron to be with him forever. He want him to join death, so they can be each others lovers-' Alex softly pressed his lips upon Nigel's jaw now and almost entirely closed his eyes 'for eternity...'

Nigel:

He kept looking at Alex,- momentarily forgetting about the books he was busy with. It was this charm in Alex when he spoke that managed to captivate Nigel every time. It's what he liked about Alex. He was one of the few, - or perhaps the only person, - that managed to intrigue him.

"wishing each other not divorced but dead," he mumbled under his breath, more to himself than to you.

He looked down and as Alex moved closer, blowing his breath over Nigel's skin, his eyes closed entirely with Nigel barely realizing it.

"To whom do you relate?" he whispered suddenly, right after Alex kissed his jaw. "Byron? Or Harness?"

Alex:

Alex closed his eyes as well for a moment now, letting everything sink into his mind as he saw the whole story passing by for a moment in front of his eyes. Somehow it reminded it about him, and Nigel - though they weren't truly lovers - for as far as Alex knew.

'Wishing each other, not divorced, but death,' he repeated in a soft breath. He had the book pressed against his own belly now as he pressed another kiss upon Nigel his jaw - not too hard, since he didn't really knew if it was the painful one or not.

'I feel related to Byron, to be honest,' he softly replied as he opened his eyes now. He rubbed his lips softly over Nigel his neck now as soon as he noticed there was no one around.

'You're pretty the same as Harness,' he mumbled now - barely noticeable. 'They say he was small, skinny, pale, blue eyed - but then white hair.' A sigh escaped his mouth now, disappointed. 'He died too...'

'Remember thee. Aye, doubt it not.

Thy husband too shall think of thee:

By neither shalt thou be forgot,

Thou false to him, thou fiend to me...'

It reminded him somehow about the moment he realized Nigel had killed Susan.

'I know this book too good...'

Nigel:

He nodded his head and opened his eyes again, though not to look at Alex. He stared ahead of him as if he could see the story passing before his eyes as well.

"I thought so.." he mumbled at Alex' answer, automatically tilting his head a little to the left as Alex moved his lips over his neck, of which the skin was so very sensitive. He wanted to comment how inappropriate this was to do in England's best public library but he couldn't bring himself to say it somehow.

Nigel's lips curled up again when Alex told him he knew the book too well and he felt like he escaped from some sort of trance. One that Alex brought him into.