Epilogue

3 years later

August 2026

The music began playing and Carlos took my hand. He placed his hand on my back. We moved together to the music. Carlos held my gaze, his dark eyes sparkling as the lights around us glistened. I couldn't help but smile.

I didn't even notice all the people sitting in a circle around us. It was just us, like it had always been. My dress caught the light, like a swan in the moonlight.

"No sabía lo que era perfecto hasta ahora," Carlos murmured into my ear.

"Carlos, por favor," I smiled looking down. "You'll make me blush."

"So what? It doesn't matter, you're the bride," he grinned.

"I am aren't I," I looked away from Carlos for the first time.

Everyone was watching us on the dance floor. The sun was setting over Lake Como turning everything a beautiful shade of golden yellow. My mother was still in tears after the ceremony and my father was sitting there looking at us, proudly.

Caitlin and Lando were sat with Amelia, Charles and Ella. On the table next to him were Félix and Macey, still smiling.  I looked back at the man opposite holding my waste. Daylight was coming to its end. I smiled as I listened to the lyrics.

It's golden like daylight
You gotta step into the daylight and let it go
Just let it go, let it go

"I actually love this song you know," Carlos said.

"You do? I thought you just agreed because I forced you to?"

"Well, yes," Carlos chuckled. "But also because it reminds me of you."

"Because I listen to Taylor 24/7?"

He smiled as the music stopped. "Because you are my daylight, you make everything shine and you make me happier than I've ever been."

"Carlos," I whispered.

He kissed me before I could say anything else. Everyone in the room started clapping. I smiled. It felt like everything that had happened since I was 10 had lead up to this moment, and it was everything I had imagined it to be.

Carlos took my hand and lead me towards our friends at the edge of the dance floor. They all stood there either teary eyed or grinning stupidly.

"The ceremony was beautiful," Amelia smiled.

"Everything was beautiful, the flowers, the music, the lake, you," Caitlin said, eyes sparkling with tears.

"It's like everything from your head just came perfectly into reality," Macey looked around.

She was right. The sunflowers were glowing and the string lights illuminated the dance floor just the right amount to create a magical haze.

"I love weddings, especially this one," Ella said. "Where did you find all the hot men?"

I laughed. "Unsurprisingly, Carlos has a lot of hot Spanish friends."

"I need access to Carlos' circle," Ella eyed up the room.

"What about Erling?" Caitlin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're on a break, we need some time," she shrugged, like it was no big deal, but I could tell she was putting up a strong front. "I'm keeping my options open. But let's not talk about this, we're at a wedding."

Macey smiled at me again, drawing the attention off Ella. "What's the plan for your honeymoon?"

"We're going away for a week in Iceland, I wish it could be longer but the F1 season is right around the corner," I shrugged, I had always wanted a summer wedding, so I had to compromise. "But he promised me we'd spend three weeks together in New Zealand in January."

"You two are so lucky," Caitlin smiled.

"You're acting as if you've not been in love with Lando for six years," I said.

"I suppose I'm quite lucky too," she shrugged, looking over her shoulder at Lando, who was deep in conversation with Charles, Félix and Carlos.

I left them and made my way around the room, speaking to everyone. I heard a million 'congratulations' and 'you two make a perfect couple', but it never became tiresome. I was on a high and nothing could bring me down.

"Could I steal her away?" Carlos said from behind me, putting his hands on my waist.

"I don't think we have much choice," my cousin laughed in front of me.

He pulled me back onto the dance floor. "So, how's the first hour and a half of being my wife?"

"I'm your wife," I grinned. "I love when you say that. It's been perfect."

"Everything is perfect, you did a great job," Carlos said twirling me to the centre of the floor.

"It wasn't just me, you helped."

"Yes, I booked the flight to Reykjavik," he raised his eyebrows.

"Exactly, that was extremely helpful," we both laughed.

"Te quiero," he smiled.

"Te quiero más," and I kissed him.