Chapter 22

Y/n's pov

I had never driven alone at night before. I didn't really drive anywhere to be honest, there was something unnerving about trying to control a big machine easily capable of killing you.

I checked the time, it was nearly midnight. I needed to be at the airport to catch my flight to Nice in just over an hour. Félix's car drove along the winding coastal road silently as the moon shone over the water.

The car jolted under me. I heard one of the tyres hiss and roll up and down viscously.

"Shit, shit, shit," I stopped on the road. "You've got to be kidding me."

I pulled into the lay-by with great difficulty. I hopped out of the car and immediately saw the damage. The front right tyre was completely deflated. I had watched enough motorsport to know if I drove any further, my tyre would be shredded and I would be left with only 3 wheels.

I picked my phone and then noticed I had no reception. My day couldn't get any worse. I wandered around for a while, phone in the air for the next few futile minutes before finally giving up and leaning on the bonnet of my brothers car.

I looked out at the sea and checked the time, 55 minutes. I noticed headlights approaching from around the corner. I stayed still, I wasn't in the mood to be kidnapped tonight.

The car slowed and my instincts told me to get in the car and lock the door, but I was frozen. I stared as the silver Mercedes stopped behind the car and I noticed someone who made the blood drain from my body.

He opened the car door and his tall, blonde frame walked towards me. "So this is where you went."

"Jorge," I gasped.

"When you said you needed air, I didn't think you meant this," he gestured to the sea then noticed the car. "What's happened here then?"

He circled the car like a shark. "Just hit a pothole, someone is on there way don't worry."
I tried to hide my lie but I knew he could tell. My voice was shaking. "I'll just sit in my car and wait."

I turned to open the car door but was blocked. He appeared beside me, hand covering the handle. I looked up at him. He was smiling like a hyena, cold and unnerving. I felt my heart rate quickened and I slowly moved away from him.

"I don't think that's necessary, it's a beautiful night Y/n and you owe me a dance," he grinned, getting closer to me.

I was backed into a corner, literally. I could feel the cold, hard, rough rock behind me. There was nowhere left for me to go. I felt my phone buzz in my hand. A message had come through. I had signal. A little bit of hope.

I couldn't dial the phone. Jorge was still staring at me, his eyes piercing me like a knife. I needed a split second of distraction.

As if God had heard my thoughts, a seagull flew over our heads. It dropped what looked like a crab onto Jorge's car. For a brief moment, Jorge turned his attention away from me. I looked down at my phone long enough to see Carlos' name and call his number. It started ringing, I turned the volume all the way down and prayed that Carlos would stay quiet.

I just had to stay calm and get Jorge talking.

*****************************************

Sorry for the short chapter :). I just wanted to say thank you for the 65 follows and 100k on Red and over 8k already on this one. I love reading all your comments and watching you vote on all the chapters. Thank you so much!

(Maybe,as a special treat, if a certain sassy Scorpio gets another podium this weekend, I'll release a chapter of my new story 🤭)