Chapter 6

Carlos' pov

She ran her hands through my hair as I pulled her closer in my now soaked car. Her lips were soft and electricity surged through my body from every touch.

She pulled away. "What, what are you doing?"

"I was kissing you," I smiled at her and her cheeks flushed pink.

"No, I mean yes you were, but what I meant was," she stumbled over her words. "Why are you kissing me?"

"Because I realised you're all I've ever needed, and you've been right in front of me this whole time," I stared at her blue eyes, they grew wider as I spoke. "Did you not want me to kiss you?"

"No, I definitely wanted you to kiss me," she laughed and it sounded like music to my ears.

"Well can I continue kissing you?"

"Yes."

I pulled her back towards me. The electricity surged back through my body. I traced her neck and collar bone. I kissed her shoulders and she gasped quietly.

"Carlos?" She whispered.

I looked up. "Yes."

"We can't do this here," she put her forehead against mine. "We need to go home."

"Yeah I know," I sighed. "Will Félix be there?"

"Probably, why?"

I leaned back in the chair. Félix's words rang in my mind. What was he going to say?

"Carlos? Are you ok?"

"Um, well Félix spoke to me the other day."

"Oh?"

"About you," I replied.

"Oh, what did he say?" Y/n looked confused.

"Basically he warned me not to get involved with you."

"I thought he might do something like that," she smiled. "Oh he's going to kill us."

"Well, let's not think about that now," I replied, I checked my watch. "We need to go now before the sun sets."

Y/n nodded and smiled. Her face radiated beauty. I drove slowly out back into the road. The rain still hammered on the roof of the car as I took a deep breath. Y/n smiled as she looked out of the window. She turned up the volume on the radio. She hummed along to "Fearless", blissfully unaware of how much I was captivated by her.

We pulled up outside her parents home. The tall stone pillars that I once had tried to climb, and nearly broke all my bones, now towered over me. Something was different today. I felt intimidated by the door.

"Carlos, maybe we shouldn't say anything to them," Y/n turned to look back at me. "Maybe we keep it a secret."

"A secret?"

"Yes, telling my parents and Félix especially would only confuse and anger them, and I don't want your head ripped off by my stupid brother," she laughed.

"But how would it work?"

"I know," she smiled. "I'm staying at Felix's apartment this summer for a few weeks or months, until he finds out really. Anyway, no one has to know anything. Carlos we could do this, this could be great!"

A smiled filled her face.

"I guess it could work," I nodded.

"Yes it will," she turned around and rang the doorbell. "Now relax will you, you look a rabbit in headlights."

Maura opened the door. "Y/n where have you been? I was worried, oh Carlos querido."

"Hello Maura," I smiled. "I just gave Y/n a lift from Barcelona."

"I thought Félix was picking you up?" She turned back to Y/n. "Where is he?"

The gravel crunched behind us and Félix's car rolled into the drive. He hopped out and rushed over to the doorway.

"Speak of the devil," Y/n whispered.

"Carlos, another round of Mario Kart? Or did you have enough of losing the other day?" He laughed and then his face fell when he saw his sister standing next to me. "What's going on?"

"Why didn't you pick up your sister?" Maura glared at him.

"Work Mamá," he looked at his feet, reminding me of when we were going, getting yelled at for filling the pool with tadpoles.

"You left your sister alone for work?"

"I'm sorry, I just needed" he begun before his mother interrupted him.

"No you didn't, cada día te vuelves más e irresponsable," Maura shook her head. "Y/n, come inside, we need to pack the rest of your things."

Y/n smiled and waved goodbye to me and shot a horrible look at Félix before being dragged inside.

"You picked her up?" He looked at me.

"Yeah but Félix it's not what you think," I lied. "She needed a lift so I took her here."

"Carlos, you're my best friend, but my sister is something else," he shook his head. "I know what F1 drivers do to girls, I know what you do to girls. Carlos you have to promise me you will leave her alone."

"I don't know why you're worried, Y/n is like a sister to me," I laughed awkwardly trying to break the tension. "Nothing will ever happen."

"It better not," he patted me on the shoulder. "See you later then, I need to try and not get killed here."

"Good luck with that," I laughed again, this time a genuine one.

He walked through the door. This was going to be harder than I thought.