Chapter 19

Y/n's pov

I lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't believe what happened. I slipped away in the middle of the fight. I couldn't stand to see them like that.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in."

Carlos walked through the door. I noticed a large cut on his face and his nose was bruised. "Hey."

"Carlos, oh my God," I jumped off my bed and ran over to him. "What we're you thinking?"

"I'm sorry but I couldn't let him say all of that," he said as I rushed into my bathroom to grab a towel to try and wash the blood off his face.

"You didn't have to punch him Carlos," I shook my head as I dabbed his cheek. "What's Mamà going to say?"

"I'm not thinking about that right now," he winced as I touched the cut.

"Well you're going to have to because they're going to notice this," I gestured to his face. "I can't believe this."

He sighed. I looked at him but something had changed in the last 20 minutes.

"Carlos," I said moving away from him. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

"What?"

"This, us, I can't do it," I couldn't look in his eyes.

"Y/n, where is this coming from?"

"You!" I exclaimed. "I know Félix is way out of line but you threw the first punch and I can't have that in my life anymore."

"Y/n you can't be serious, I was defending you," I saw the hurt in his eyes.

"I don't need defending Carlos," I shook my head. "I had that with Max and we were never happy. I don't want that kind of unpredictability in my life."

"Unpredictability? Y/n I punched one guy."

"Yes my brother, your best friend."

"He's not my best friend anymore."

"I'm sorry Carlos," I sniffed.

He just stared at me. I felt horrible but I knew it was the best for me. Or at least I thought I did.

"But I love you Y/n."

"I love you too, but this is best for us," I said to him, tears stinging my eyes as I watched his eyes cloud over.

"Sure it is," he turned around and walked out of my room without saying a word.

At that moment I wanted to run out into the hallway and tell him I was wrong and that I needed him, but I stood there, staring at the white door. I broke down in tears. Then Félix barged into my room.

"Where did you go?"

"Get out," I said.

"Y/n why are you crying?"

"Because you won," I cried. "We're done. Carlos is gone. And he probably hates me and it's all because of you."

"You have to understand where I'm coming from," he said as he moved closer to me.

"No Félix I don't, and I need you to get out," I started yelling. "And I don't want to speak to you again."

"Come on Y/n you can't be serious."

"Vete a la mierda, hermano."

And he turned around and left. I sat down on the bed and threw my shoes against the wall. I felt everything crumbling down. I rushed over to my wardrobe and grabbed all of my clothes and suitcase I stuffed it full. I snuck out of my door, crept along the hallway, down the stairs and left silently through the door.