Chapter 10

Y/n's pov

I walked past Amelia and Ella and into the pit lane. It was bright and it took a second before my eyes adjusted to the surroundings. Félix stared back at me, and you froze.

"So that's where you were," he said.

"Yes I was," I walked past him and down the pit lane but he continued to follow me.

"Y/n I've told you about Carlos."

"Who says this has anything to do with Carlos?" I replied glaring at him.

"Don't lie to me," he sighed. "I'm just trying to protect you."

"Sure you are," I rolled my eyes and continued to walk away.

"Y/n come on please," Félix walked at my shoulder. "You haven't spoken to me in days."

I stopped again. "Well maybe if you started thinking about other people before you, you'd be easier to get on with."

"Y/n I'm sorry for what happened in Barcelona," he smiled at me.

"Ok maybe you are but the truth is you will always pick someone else over me, always have always will."

This time a picked up my pace and dodged through the crowd to try and lose my brother. He had no right to tell me what I can and can't do. It was as if he still saw me as the 10 year old that followed him like a shadow.

As I was charging through the crowd, I accidentally walked into someone's shoulder, for the 2nd time in the 2 races I had been to.

"Watch where you're going," a strong Dutch accent said as I looked up.

"Max!" I gasped as he turned round to look at me.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" His voice had an edge to it, he was obviously not pleased to see me.

I just stared at him. My mouth couldn't seem to form the words. I saw his face and everything around me fell apart. I remembered the last time I saw him and the screaming and crying then slamming of doors.

"Max," my brother had appeared behind me.

"Félix," he replied coldly. "What are you doing here?"

"Not letting some entitled prick talk to my sister," Félix glared at him, their eyes level. I just wanted helplessly. "We're leaving."

He grabbed my arm and dragged me off leaving Max alone. "You're welcome."

"What?" I looked at him shocked.

"You're welcome for saving you," he replied.

"I didn't need saving," I said, lying but not wanting show how vulnerable I was around Max.

"You clearly did," Félix laughed. "It's alright. He was always scared of me."

"Sure he was," I rolled my eyes. "But thank you."

He shrugged. "Can you talk to you about something?"

"What?" I studied his face, it looked genuine.

"Last week, I was in Sicily and I bumped into Macey," he smiled to himself. "Long story short, I was thinking of asking her out sometime. I just wanted to make you aware."

I looked at him, shocked. He was such a hypocrite. "So wait, let me get this straight," I shook my head. "I can't even stand in a room with Carlos by myself, but you can ask out one of my friends?"

"Y/n we've known Carlos our whole lives but you've only known Macey a couple of weeks," he shrugged. "I know Carlos, and I know he isn't good for you."

"Félix you don't get to decide that!"

"I'm your older brother, it's my job to look out for you," he reached out to touch my shoulder but I moved away.

"I'm not a baby hermano," I glared at him. "I'm 25 and I can make my own decisions."

"You saw what happened with Max."

"Carlos isn't Max!"

"Y/n," He moved towards me.

"No, just leave me alone," I stormed off towards the grandstand.