Chapter 3

Y/n's pov

Me and Félix left the suite and walked down the paddock towards the grandstands. There was an awkward silence between us that wouldn't go away. Crowds were gathering outside the team garages full of people hoping to see their favourite drivers. I tried to peer into the into the McLaren garage to see if I could see Caitlin but someone yelled at me before I could look.

Félix dragged me away. "You're getting in the way."

"Would you stop?" I brushed his hand off my arm. "You don't get to tell me what to do."

Before I could finish, I walked straight into a woman in front of me.

"Hey!" She shouted before turning round. "Watch where you're, wait, Y/n?"

"Oh my gosh, Caitlin!" I smiled at my old friend. "I'm sorry for walking into you."

"No, no it's fine," she beamed. "I've not seen you in years. How are you?"

"I'm great. We just came for Carlos' home Grand Prix," I explained, noticing the girl behind her.

"Oh sorry," Caitlin said. "Y/n this is Macey, Macey, y/n. We met years ago when Carlos was at McLaren."

"Nice to meet you," Macey shook my hand.

"Likewise, this is my brother, Félix," I said, gesturing behind me where my brother sighed impatiently.

"Ah Félix, it's nice to see you again," Caitlin smirked at him. She had never liked my brother, I couldn't blame her, he grew more insufferable by the day.

"I'm sure it is, but we're holding people up now, we need to go," He pulled my arm.

"I see you haven't changed," Caitlin scoffed.

"Neither have you. Still has short as ever," Félix rolled his eyes.

"Please, don't talk to me about size. I bet you're," Caitlin started before Macey pulled her back.

"Maybe it is time to go," Macey smiled sweetly. "I'm assuming we'll see you after the race?"

"Yeah, I'll come and find you later," I said. "Nice seeing you both."

We said goodbye and I walked further down the paddock, Félix huffing behind me.

"You don't have to anger everyone you meet you know," I complained.

"I don't anger everyone, that's just Caitlin," he shrugged.

"Well I'd appreciate it if you didn't," I dodged past the remaining people before we made it to our grandstand.

"Well it's better than being to nice to everyone," he said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I turned around to face him.

"You know exactly what I mean," Félix glared at me. "You were pretty much drooling all over Carlos."

I gasped. Was I being that obvious? I mean, it's hard not to be when you're staring at Carlos Sainz.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I turned around.

"No, you do, it's obvious," he pulled me back. "You're in love with him, and you have been since you were like 12."

10, actually, I thought, but I couldn't say anything. He'd tell Carlos immediately.

"No I haven't," I exclaimed. "You're just delusional."

I stormed off to find our parents, smiling and laughing in their seats. I scoffed at their happiness. It was so unfair.