Chapter 13 - Iceland Part 1

Carlos' pov

We arrived at the airport separately, suitcases stuffed and passports in hand. We had flown separately to Manchester Airport to make it seem less suspicious, but from now on, it was just me and Y/n.

The last 3 races were nothing special. Continued points for both me and Charles and I nearly had a podium at Spa if it wasn't for a penalty for an unsafe release.

"Are you sure you've packed enough?" I said sarcastically looking at Y/n's 4 bags and a suitcase that was almost as big as her.

"You'll be sorry when I have something you don't," she said walking away from me to check in the bags.

We got through security fine, and made it to duty free. There was only twenty minutes until we needed to board but Y/n stopped at every single shop and tried on about 40 different pairs of sunglasses.

"We're gonna be late," I said but she ignored me, looking at some Chanel perfume so I said something that would get her attention. "Conejito?"

Her head snapped up. "You did not just call me that," she shook her head.

"I knew that would get your attention," I smirked as she glared at me furiously.

"I swear if you ever call me that again, I will personally rip Oso's arms off."

"Woah woah," I pretended to be offended. "Leave Oso out of this, that was a step too far."

"You know I hate pet names," she turned back to the perfume, obviously annoyed at me.

"I know," I said. "Come on we need to go."

She ignored me again. This time I picked her up and twirled her around. She shrieked and giggled. I kissed her neck and put her down.

"Can we go now?" I laughed.

"Fine," she smiled.

We took our seats on the plane. She sat by the window, her headphones on and ready before the plane took off.

"Is there any point asking what you're listening to?"

She smiled. "Taylor Swift has a song for everything. So Daylight is my current pick."

"I'm more of a Lana Del Rey man myself," I remarked and her face looked shocked.

"No way," she laughed. "You've just proved about a thousand edits of you correct."

I raised an eyebrow. "You watch edits of me?"

"Oh shut up," her cheeks blushed bright pink. "They come up every now and then."

"Hmm sure."

We touched down at Keflavik Airport just over 2 hours later. It was 6pm but the sun showed no signs of setting thanks to the very long days in summer. We collected out bags and made our way through the airport. We hopped into the back of a taxi and set off on the journey to Reykjavik.

"It's beautiful already," Y/n looked out of the window. "Thank you for doing this."

She squeezed my hand 3 times. "Don't worry about it, it's going to be great."

Y/n fell asleep on my shoulder for the rest of the journey to the hotel. Everything felt perfect and I wanted everything to freeze and be this way forever.

The hotel was on the harbour and our room looked out over the sea. The sun sparkled and made the light dance across the water.

"Carlos," Y/n gasped as we walked through the door. "This is amazing."
I watched her run to the window and smile and point to the sea. "You can see for miles."

"Do you like it?"

"It's perfect Carlos," she turned back round, a huge smiled on her face. "Everything is perfect."

"That helps when your girlfriend also happens to be perfect," I said as Y/n walked over to me and looked into my eyes.

"Girlfriend?" She smiled at me as if she had been waiting forever for me to say that word.

"Of course," I replied, beaming down at her. "I wouldn't be with anyone else."

"Neither would I," she kissed me. "I can't believe I'm Carlos Sainz's girlfriend."

I chuckled. "Come on," I hugged her before letting her go. "We've got dinner reservations."