RWBY - [Vol 2|Ep 4] - Painting the Town [Re-Work]...

The story starts a deserted alleyway as Penny reveals her secret to Ruby.

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand...

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura. I'm not real...

Ruby then takes Penny's hands in her own.

Ruby: Of course, you are. You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?

Penny: I don't... um. You're... taking this extraordinarily well.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart, and a soul; I can feel it!

Penny: Ooohh... oh Ruby. You're the best friend anyone could have!

She says while she grabs Ruby into a hug and shakes her back and forth.

Ruby: (Muffled groaning.) I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!

Penny releases Ruby, fully back to her happy self.

Penny: Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!

Ruby: Wow. (Giggles.) He built you all by himself?

Penny: Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood.

Ruby: The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me, too!

Ruby: (Scoffs) They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world and test myself in the Tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!

Penny: (Confused) That's not what Mr. Ironwood said...

Soldier 1: (Off-screen.) Check down here!

Penny: (Grabs Ruby by the shoulders) You have to hide!

Penny lifts Ruby above her head effortlessly.

Ruby: Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!