7

Y/N POV

Monday

As I walk into class, Gojo sets my retake face-down on my desk. I stare at it for a long time before turning in my seat to find Megumi sitting all the way in the back. He's already looking. His eyes look down at the packet in my hands. His eyes practically say, "look at the grade, idiot."

I mouth, "I'm scared to look."

He rolls his eyes, "just look." He mouths back.

I shake my head and he sits back in his chair also shaking his head, more so in annoyance. Gojo starts talking and I turn back in my seat, trying to follow along as he goes over review. The class ends and I walk out and wait by the door for Megumi. When he exits, I practically throw the packet at him, pushing it into his chest. He staggers back, surprise on his face.

"You look," I say, biting my lip. "I can't."

"Do you seriosouly doubt my tutoring abilities that much?" He asks, starting to walk down the hall. I walk with him.

"Of course not!" I defend. But what if it went bad? I made Megumi spend so much time and I don't want all that work to go to waste.

"Hey," he says. "Get out of your head."

He pulls off to the side of the hall and looks at the front of the test where the grade would be.

"What is it?" I ask. I try to read his blank expression but it's impossible. He sighs and I feel myself get antsy. "What does that mean?"

"It means you worry too much."

He sets the packet on my head and when I grab it, he walks away and into biology. I huff and look down at the retake—86%.

I sigh in relief. I feel a grin grow on my face and I happily walk into class. I look over to Megumi when I walk through the door. He watches me, his brow quirked. I feel my smile grow even bigger. He smirks and shakes his head, looking down now at his tea-stained packet.

I sit down next to Brett, my grin still on my face. "Hey!"

Brett looks behind him at Megumi and back to me. "What the fuck was that?"

My smile instantly disappears.

"I got my retake back and I got a good grade. I'm excited about it... is all."

Anger is still on his face, he clutches his pencil hard in his grip. "So you're done seeing him?"

"Well no..."

His head whips my way. "Seriously?"

"My grade still needs to go up...so he's helping me for the next one."

He scoffs at this. My stomach sinks and I fidget with the rings on my fingers.

"Hey," I say, resting my hand above his knee. He doesn't move away. "When my grade goes up to where it should be I'll be done, okay? I need this so I can go with you, remember?"

He doesn't say anything so I remove my hand and focus on the lesson, ignoring the eyes I feel staring at the back of my head.

+++++

I meet Megumi in the library with two smoothies in hand to celebrate. Even though I'm a little bummed out about Brett, I had a mini breakthrough with my latest painting. All the emotions I was feeling really fueled my progress. Megumi suggests we do a practice essay question so after the 50-minute timer, we both set down our pens and switch papers. Megumi grades mine and I basically study his— it's really good. He sets mine down after a few minutes.