33 : vees and peas

Everleigh

What. The. Fuck. Did. We. Just. Do?

I knew it without words being said, that what we just did had changed everything. From our friendship--or whatever the hell it was--to our roommate relationship. There was no way in hell I could just go back to seeing him the same way I saw him only moments ago. All I could think about was how he was actually just inside of me, fucking me, making me feel so damn good.

After the whole shower, I went into his closet and got dressed. My curiosity got the best of me as I headed back to the bathroom to see what he was doing. A frown came across my face as I saw him in the mirror applying antibiotic ointment to his open cuts. He was wincing with each bit of contact he made with his wounds. I went up to him with a sigh.

"Sit down," I ordered him, pointing at the toilet with the lid closed.

He reluctantly sat down and looked at me with those silver eyes I could never get enough of. He still had his towel tied around his waist and for some odd reason, it seemed so secure.

We hadn't said a single word to each other after he came on the bathroom floor. There wasn't anything we could say. All we could do was allow the awkward silence to overtake us. Both of our thoughts probably screaming to say something, but words wouldn't allow us to formulate them.

"My mom was a nurse... I'm not sure if I've told you that before," I began. Taking a long cotton swab, I applied the antibiotic cream onto it and began to dress his wounds more gently than he had while he only stared at me.

"For the longest time, I had wanted to be a nurse, too. Until I realized that I wasn't so sure if that path was meant for me..." I told him. I had moved from the cuts on his face down to the ones on his chest and abs.

"What made you realize that?" he had asked. I glanced at him, surprised in his interest. A small smile made its way onto my face as I thought about my mother.

"She was just always that kind of person who had the bubbly spirit and was always so... social and caring. I wish I was as extroverted as she was, but I'm not. So, I'm sticking with my computer science major. Hopefully, I get lucky enough to find a job where I can work from home," I told him with a chuckle.

"You don't think you're social, caring, or extroverted?" he wondered. I was fixated on the bruising at his sides.

"Not as much as I need to be," I answered. "Stay right here."

I made my way into the kitchen where I found a bag of frozen peas. It had been there since I first moved in. I'm not even sure why he had it in the freezer—I knew he was never going to get around to cooking it.

I grabbed the peas and headed back to the bathroom where Sasha sat just where I left him. His eyes were shut, but I could tell he wasn't sleeping. He just seemed to be in very deep thought.

"I have something for your bruises," I said, giving the bag of peas a nice shake. He slowly opened his eyes to glance at the bag in my hand.

Sasha didn't protest as I made my way over to him and placed the bag at his side. He didn't even flinch. With the gauze from the first aid kit, I wrapped the peas around him so he could still move around without holding it to his side. It came with a clip to hold it place once I had it tightly secured to him.

"All done. You can leave the peas on for about twenty minutes," I said. He stood up. The adrenaline he must've felt in the shower had immediately gone out the window. He looked more than exhausted now.

I walked behind him as he headed out of the bathroom, but before he could leave his own bedroom, I stopped him. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the couch..." he muttered. "I'm tired."