28 : wetting panties

— Everleigh

I kept glancing at Sasha the entire ride, but I didn't say a word

I kept glancing at Sasha the entire ride, but I didn't say a word. Blame it on the tension or the furrowed brows on his face as he drove way beyond the speed limit, I just knew I shouldn't... even despite the million questions on my mind. So, instead, I tried to settle in the loud silence and allowed my own thoughts to run freely.

But as time passed, I tried to suppress the urge, but every after sharp turn or swerve between lanes without a blinker like a damn maniac, I needed to know what the hell just happened and what was his damn problem.

"Are you trying to kill us?" I finally spoke up with a raised brow. There was no way I could stay quiet for so long. Sasha barely glanced my way, and his eyes were far from friendly—they were deadly.

"What did I do to you?" I asked the question that had been surfacing my mind since I got in the car. His attitude was so obvious, it was slapping me in the face.

Shut up, Everleigh!

We arrived back at his place and as his tires crunched against the pavement to park his car, I folded my arms across my chest.

There was an inner battle raging in my mind as the silence grew louder and thicker, choking me with its arrogance. The tighter it squeezed, the more it forced words right out of me. "If anything, I should be upset. Like Kyle, really? He creeps me the hell out and just looking at him gives me chills—NOT the good kind. How could you do that to me? And then make me unexpectedly meet your boss and his wife? You weren't yourself around them and I could tell. You weren't Sasha, you were Kayo—"

"Get it through your fucking head, Everleigh, I am Kayo!" Sasha yelled. "I've been Kayo! I'm not that little ass kid anymore. Grow the hell up!"

"Excuse the hell out of me. Who do you think you're talking to because you damn sure ain't talking to me," I told him with a pointed look.

He let out a loud breath of annoyance and turned his car off. He didn't say another word as he opened his car door and got out, making sure to slam it shut behind him. I quickly got out of his vehicle and hurried behind him as he made his way to his front door and into his apartment.

"Sasha!" I called infuriated out of my mind.

He sharply turned around with rage pouring out of him like water. His nose was flared and his eyes were narrowed as he stalked up to me, towering over me with ease. I pulled my shoulders back and held my head up higher as I glared right back at his ass.

"You have one more time to call me Sasha," he threatened.

"Or what, hmm? You gonna beat me up like you do everyone apparently? You're gonna kick me out on the streets? What are you going to do?" I asked.